Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Some questions about Tech X2s
  • FieldMarshall

Looking to lighten my Five, so was thinking of replacing the Moto V2s ( with vented discs) with something lighter. Was thinking about X2s but the Hope website I states up to 183mm.

Can I run them with 203mm rotors?

Are the calipers size specific (i.e. 160, 183 etc) as the CRC website doesn’t state anything?

Am I likely to feel underpowered after the V2s.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Can I run them with 203mm rotors?

Yes

Are the calipers size specific (i.e. 160, 183 etc) as the CRC website doesn’t state anything?

No; you get different adaptors to use specific rotors with whichever (IS or PM) mounts you have.

Am I likely to feel underpowered after the V2s.

Yes.

Tech M4 203mm front with Tech X2 183mm rear will give you a great balance of power/weight.

br
    Free Member

If you really want to loose weight, also go for Ashima rotors – they work fine with X2’s

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FieldMarshall

Thanks.

Not a big fan of 4 pot calipers, hence why I was looking at X2s over M4s.

So which adaptor would I need to use a 203mm front rotor, 74mm post to 74mm post 203mm?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s Hope mount adaptor C if you have a PM fork.

Any particular aversion to the M4? I’ve used M4s in one way or another since the original Mono M4; currently using the Tech version front and rear. I’ve never found them to have any problems that are uniquely related to their number of pistons.

FieldMarshall

I have some original (pre mono) M4s and they have always suffered from unequal piston travel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Some questions about Tech X2s’ is closed to new replies.