Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Some questions about selling stuff on the forum.
  • Spin
    Free Member

How do people normally arrange payment for stuff if they are not on PayPal?

Is a posted cheque still considered acceptable? And is it normal practice for the seller to wait until it’s cleared before despatching goods?

Also, is there a facility to PM people through the forum? I’ve found this useful on other forums for moving the transaction from a public to a private discussion without the need for posting personal information.

Ta

jon1973
    Free Member

No facility to PM on this site. Why don’t you do a bank transfer rather than bother with a cheque? Takes a few seconds on-line, and it’s instant.

nealglover
    Free Member

No PM facility. Email works better ?

Posted Cheque works fine.

Direct Bank Transfer is far easier.

Although Why not just sign up for a Paypal account ?

Spin
    Free Member

Cheers gents.

No PM facility. Email works better

But you do need to post an email on the forum then which lots of folks are wary about.

nealglover
    Free Member

But you do need to post an email on the forum then which lots of folks are wary about.

Can’t imagine why though.

Spin
    Free Member

You’re right. Probably paranoia.

trout
    Free Member

Is it so bad to post up an email nowadays .

the bots will get your mail probably just after you have signed up for it anyways.
    and with al these easy to get mails you can have a throwaway mail addy

Drac

Please take a chance to read the Classified Rulesthere’s some advice in there.

We don’t offer a PM, you can easily setup an email account using providers such as Gmail if you do not wish to use your normal email.

If you chose not to do Paypal then as others have said a bank transfer is very quick and provides little more details than a personal cheque does.

As for postage, most people expect a reasonably quick response some stupidly quick. If you think there will be a delay then explain in your communication.

If you look most people use different tricks to slow the chances of bots picking up the email. Seems to work very well for me, mine is the only published email I have and receives the least spam.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve had the same gmail address since the day they launched the service.

It’s all over the place and I’ve never hidden it online.

The spam filtering works great. I don’t get much at all.

(I use a filter that bins any email with the word “unsubscribe” in it before I even see it)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Some questions about selling stuff on the forum.’ is closed to new replies.