Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Some Q's for all these TDF wannabe experts
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

haha, no offence meant.

How are the panniers?

Not using them at the moment, currently working away from home and get my petrol paid so abuseing that privelage while it lasts, I’ve yet to claim for a duck island or for moat cleaning yet so l cearly need to move somewhere bigger.

But apart from that they are providing borling, reliable, waterproof and easy to use storage of stuff from home to work, not much else to say really!

Ohh, and asside for big stuff I used them to move house 6 miles down the road in about 30 trips!

soulrider
    Free Member

I can ride an MTB pretty quick (not as quick as some)
    and I beat all my mates on sprints on the road bike..

and I have never ridden with a pro ..
    therefore I am totally qualified to talk b****x

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

No worries Tinas.
    I just agreed with the OP about keyboard worriers.No offence meant to anyone here-it’s just the internet after all.
    Gives me something to read when I should be working and its often informative and entertaining(sometimes in the same thread)

I’ll get back in my lurkers corner now as most folk post what I’m thinking before I get a chance to type it.

Beer and welshcakes….mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

m1kea
    Free Member

aracer

Which ones – some linkys would be good if you want to defend your point at all (I’d been thinking it was just a clever troll)?

I’ll bite just to amuse you; 😀
    Have a gander in the Compared to the slowest…. thread anongst others.

No doubt we’ll be straight on to the ‘people are only joshing’ argument, and we know how easy it is to interpret interweb comments.

I know I’m rubbish but is anyone else up for proving me wrong with my interpretation?

budgierider67

mk1ea is right-there is a lot of BS spouted here about the tour as well as a few other things.

Also some good points raised by others so fairly balanced.

You be careful riding now with all those splinters in your arse 😉

If you want a serious answer to the original question;
    About 700km a month.
    Average speed 12.27km/h
    All on a mountain bike, at least 50% off road.

druidh
    Free Member

Over 2,200km last month but only averaged around 20kph (that included stops though)

radoggair
    Free Member

and once again druidh, congratulations on your epic journey. Amazing and maybe one year

Northwind

m1kea – Member

Have a gander in the Compared to the slowest…. thread anongst others.

You must be reading a different thread to me. I don’t see a single post that could be interpreted as you describe, even with a good run up.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Some Q's for all these TDF wannabe experts’ is closed to new replies.