Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Some point in the near future I'm going to want a cheapish pair of 160mm forks
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

For a trip to the Alps.

What 160mm fork choices do you think I'll have and any recommendations (2nd hand obviously)?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fox 36 Vanilla Rs would be my choice. Rare though…. 🙂

Rockplough
    Free Member

Coil Lyriks are great forks. Second hand ones are relatively cheap and plentiful. Just keep an eye out.

akira

Domains, coil, cheap and reliable, bit heavy but good.
    Now does anyone have any for sale?
    Getting around to putting some on Classifieds at some point, email in profile if you're interested.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

marzocchi z1 RC2 (the orange ones)

Not the lightest
    Not the stiffest
    Not quite the best damper (not enough acronyms to please reviewers)

But if you can dissmantle them and know your suspension onions you could never have to buy another fork ever again.

GlennG
    Free Member

Got some 180mm domains in pretty good nick, they are the basic versions (302??) and would be looking for about £75 plus postage if your interested? Steerer length is pretty long 200mm +.

mafiafish
    Free Member

2008 nixons? Very light and cheap.

st

I'd second thisisnotaspoon, get some older Bomber Z forks. I've just had a pair (Z150s) which are now for sale (hint) having been a short term stop gap fork as I've now decided on some 66s.

You should be able to pick something like this up for around a hundred quid and they are cracking forks with 150mm of good travel.

Alternatively 160mm Domains seem pretty cheap. Lyriks will still set you back up to 400 quid secondhand but they are ace forks.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Just out of interest what bike are they for?

imnotamused
    Free Member

Orange 5

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

depends on what you call cheap-some of the 'best' forks at that travel are about £800/900 new but can be picked up for £200/250 on classifieds which Is pretty good value IMO.

ddmonkey

Don't muck the 5 with too much fork, 66's and like are too heavy and upset the balance. I reckon Lyric Coils or a 150mm Z1 would be ace, I had some 150mm Z1's on my 5 for a while and it was a good combo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Some point in the near future I'm going to want a cheapish pair of 160mm forks’ is closed to new replies.