Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Some pics from SSCXEU2017, hosted in the Brightonian hills…
  • DrP

Absolutely cracking day for the ride-out; warm, minimal wind, plenty of jolly foreigners taking in the sights!
    Lack of prep time meant I was on a [cough]geared[cough] CX bike, but I knew my place and was happy to be the gate-holder-opener-guy 🙂

Here’s a few snaps from the ride..(I’ve figured I can’t smile for photos.Clearly!)

A great day was had by all…nice pleasant ride to Brighton for Pictonroad and myself made it about 95km all in for the day.
    Not racing today (got the kiddies) but will go and smash an old frame with sticks to make noise!!!

DrP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice pics, great weather.

Clink

Looks fab!

simondbarnes

Ace

jonnyboi

Lovely weather, you look petrified of cameras though

qwerty
    Free Member

Looks great, I wanted to make the pilgrimage for this event but the lurgee got me 🙁

drlex
    Free Member

Looks a fantastic day for it. Not sure about the lockjaw shot, though.

I think Mason Cycles are showing a Ti Bokeh there if you’re wanting a comparison to your Tripster… 😉

pictonroad

Great race to watch, huge well done to Sam, Jo and all the volunteers. All those Europeans will hopefully have taken away memories of a gloriously warm country in Feb full of friendly people holding permanent beer festivals and race courses right in the city.

I might have a go at this cx racing, it looks awful, in a good way.

TiRed

Great race in superb conditions. Minced the singletrack and smashed the climbs. Managed six laps in 1:12, and may be top 15. The beer at the finish was the best prize I’ve received this season.

Thanks Sam. And thanks to everyone who cheered and “encouraged”, made a huge difference.

Yes, the Ti Bokeh was on display. Looked nice, but prone to scratching with that finish (3M pad won’t rub blemishes away, methinks).

john_l
    Free Member

The beer at the finish was the best prize I’ve received this season.

Glad you enjoyed it! That was brilliantly satisfying day – made it all worthwhile seeing everyone enjoying themselves & we really lucked out with the weather!

DrP – didn’t realise that was you with the banging frame – thanks for ringing out the last lap! And thanks to everyone that came/raced/heckled/supported, you were brilliant!

Should also mention our very generous multiple supporters – we had an incredible prize bag! Morvelo, Mason, , Rule 5, eCinelli, Stoemper, Isla BIkes, Lezyne & Fabric.

john_l
    Free Member

Knew I’d forget someone – that finish line beer was courtesy of Darkstar who generously donated cans of their lovely Revelation!

pictonroad

I was hanging out on the last rooty corner before the field with my 2yr old daughter, we were encouraging the riders with a makeshift cow bell (seatpost and handlebar).

Saw some splendid arse over tit moments. 8)
    Some great ‘race face’ gurning too

Poopscoop

Fantastic pics!

Genuinely lit a fire under my butt to get the bike built up and to get out there!

john_l
    Free Member

Some great ‘race face’ gurning too

Brilliant pic! Would you mind if I pinched it for the FB site? It’s Mr Tony Berlin on a drop bar Swift.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Looks like the the race used 3 of my trails, including the one in that picture ^^^ – hope you enjoyed them! 😉

pictonroad

Brilliant pic! Would you mind if I pinched it for the FB site? It’s Mr Tony Berlin on a drop bar Swift.

Of course, I know Tony, got a couple. Email me and I’ll send you a high res.

James

pictonroad

Looks like the the race used 3 of my trails, including the one in that picture ^^^ – hope you enjoyed them!

They did! It was a great advert for local riding, so many people will be heading back to their trails in Belgium, Italy, Germany etc with glowing praise for the trails you guys build and keep running.

We all love them. 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Thanks that’s great to know 😀

TiRed

My favourite cycling photographer’s pictures are up and every bit as good as expected…

http://www.davehaywardphotos.com/Cycling/CycloCross/Single-Speed-CycloCross-Euro-Champs-19022017/

What a great day!

smell_it
    Free Member

Those non-classifiable potatoes look toss, but outside of that crack on, looks a good day. Ta for sharing.

john_l
    Free Member

futon river crossing – was the you that Jo & I bumped into in the park on Thursday pm? (steel/ti Jones & a pink (obvs) sscx)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Yeah – that was me 😉

Summer tyres are back on too!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Some pics from SSCXEU2017, hosted in the Brightonian hills…’ is closed to new replies.