Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Some pics from my local DH scene here in Oz
  • psychle
    Free Member

Went out to my local DH race track on the weekend to try my hand at recording some of the action, thought I’d share a few of the results with ya’ll… Most of the pics are taken at a new A-line that was introduced this race, was only tackled by a handful of the most talented riders, I was expecting carnage here but surprisingly didn’t end up capturing a single crash (thankfully in some ways, the one stack that did occur early in the day resulted in a broken collar bone and a seperated AC joint, ouch).

Anyhoo, here are a few of the better ones along with a link to a gallery with the rest of ’em… comments and constructive criticism welcomed 😀 (I’m aware the shots are a little static, in my defence it was difficult to pan due to confined space and I didn’t have an external flash to try and freeze a bit of action with blur, they’re my excuses and I’m sticking with ’em!)

Launching off the second drop on the new A-line

Maybe this shows a little of what the new A-line looks like? Photo’s never do these things justice…

It got pretty wet on the second race run, totally different track conditions!
    First Run

Second Run

A split second before the only real crash of the day (I’d just got there and set up, didn’t realise I had the SLR on single-shot, so only grabbed this one rather than a spectacular sequence). This is the chap who did his shoulder…

And here’s a link to the gallery with the rest of them (if you’re interested!)

kayak23

Wicked. Looks brilliant. Not jealous at all.. 😕

Liking the umbrella shot too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thredbo or Awabba?

franksinatra

My first thought on seeing the black and yellow tape in the last shot was that it was some super poisonous snake!

psychle
    Free Member

Thredbo or Awabba?

Neither. It’s up north in Townsville, really good local scene up here!

There are no lack of deadly snakes lurking in that bush FrankSinatra, though you’d be lucky (or unlucky) to find one, they’re pretty shy and reclusive, quite a few are nocturnal as well…

maxtorque

Great pics! Looks like some pretty serious terrain, especially this one:

psychle showed this pic:

Persumably he didn’t quite get enough pump in to loft the front through the landing an went OTB?

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, a little slow on the entry, didn’t get the front wheel up (manual?), straight OTB and shoulder first into the rock in the foreground whilst his bike cartwheeled past my ear and down the hill, was very spectacular, glad he’s OK could’ve been worse given how hard he hit that rock!

trailhound
    Free Member

Great pics! I’m lovin that kona in pic 2. (Entourage?)

kimbers

thats an opertaor, trailhound

nice pics psychle, and looks like a proper dh track

Duggan

Great pics, cheers

weeksy

nice one mate 🙂

Tom83

Is it just me, or does it look like rider 943 have reeeeeally narrow bars?

bigrich

not for townsville. it’s still 1993 up there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bigrich – Member

Stop exaggerating I heard it was still 85….

scaled
    Free Member

Sat here with my arm in a sling NOT LIKING that OTB shot! 😉

cardo

See it rains in Oz too!
    Like those thanks for posting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol pissed it down a couple of weeks back – proper heavy stuff lasted most of a day…..

perthmtb
    Free Member

Now that’s real mountainbiking – makes where I ride seem like a putting green in comparison!

Nice photos…

Might have to show them to my eight year old daughter. She’s still impressed from when I showed her Danny MacAskills’ ‘Way Back Home’ and said that’s what Daddy does at the weekends 😉 Oh she’s gonna be soooo disappointed in me when she’s older…

franksinatra

Had a proper dodgy night out in ‘Brothers’ in Townsville a few years ago. All sweaty satin shirts, mullets and missing teeth (and that was just the women)

rewski
    Free Member

Those waffle bricks/paving slabs look great, you’ve given me an idea.

psychle
    Free Member

Brothers League Club? Definitely a dodgy ‘character filled’ crowd there! Townsville has grown up a bit in the past few years, we even have a new Myers now, whoopee! Around 196000 people call the place home nowadays, it’s getting big (largest city north of Brisbane, though this has always been the case).

Glad you guys liked the shots, I’m going to buy an external flash and head up there for the next round, will hopefully allow for some more ‘kenetic’ shots…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Some pics from my local DH scene here in Oz’ is closed to new replies.