Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Some photos from yesterday evenings ride in Northumberland
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Took my brother in law out on on of my favourite rides yesterday. I forgot how good it was and how it gets dark at 9 o'clock. So much better than some trail center or piddly forest. Proper hills and descents. I even managed to do all of the climbs.

Drac

Lies it's rubbish.

Some cracking photos the Geda I do love my home county.

GEDA
    Free Member

Which routes did they do in the mag?

lakesrider
    Free Member

i sometimes miss the quiet and isolation of riding in northumberland too 🙁

Is that 'Middle route' in the pics (alwinton, clennel st, middle hill, then back along the stream and over that steep climb Pass Peth)?

Drac

Which routes did they do in the mag?

Roughly this one

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34370089

Xylene
    Free Member

What route was that?

GEDA
    Free Member

I never go up Clennel street. I start either at Clennel or Rookland and go up the Alwin, up through Kidland Forest and Whiteburnshank (Super steep hill). Join Clennel St to the border ridge then this time straight back down to Fairhaugh, Battlesheilds, Shillmoor and Pathpeth.

I don't really like the boggy bit between the Alwinton and the forest. The ride through the valley bottom in Kidland Forest is much more atmospheric.

GEDA
    Free Member

Drac is there a track up from High Bleakhope to Davisons Linn now? I went on it ages ago and it was just a boggy hill.

rOcKeTdOg

looks great, do you and your bro' in law always dress in the same clothes? 😉

GEDA
    Free Member

He was more day glow than me!

Drac

Drac is there a track up from High Bleakhope to Davisons Linn now? I went on it ages ago and it was just a boggy hill.

They've put a grouse road in now, from the corrugated hut there's still about 400m of bog but then you hit the grouse road. Even a bridge at Davison's Linn too.

warton
    Free Member

lovely. haven't been up there for 6 months or more now. might give the variation of kidland forest you mention a go this month, never done that before

Drac

lovely. haven't been up there for 6 months or more now. might give the variation of kidland forest you mention a go this month, never done that before

Also happens to be a similar route in STW 59.

richardgiant
    Free Member

amazing place

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Some photos from yesterday evenings ride in Northumberland’ is closed to new replies.