Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Some people do like an argument…
  • Mackem

Half way round ride today went for coffee. Some bikes locked up already on lamp-post outside cafe. I just leaned my bike up on the post with them.
    An oldish lady asked me if I was with the other cyclists and if so could I ask them to move their bikes. I asked why. She said she held a vigil there everyday. I replied that I doubt the cyclists knew that and it’s not her space to claim, first come, first served really. She sighed, gave me the evil eye and said “Thank you” in very sarcastic tone.

I sat outside the cafe and watched her set up her display as close to the locked up bikes as possible, making sure anyone getting at the bikes would either have to ask her move her stuff or just walk all over it. (it was a pro Palestine thing). Cyclists come out and the first one just stomped over her stuff to get at his bike. Then there was a brief argument about respect for others property and then they went on their merry way.

Very odd, quite amusing really. Cyclist was a bit **** imo.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No they don’t

Edit

No actually …. you’re right.

Why didnt you mediate ? … You should have done your good turn for the day and stopped two people getting agro over something that could have been avoided with a little help from yourself.

So now I’ve agreed but still got in an argument …. I’m confused 😀

Mackem

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Mackem – Member
    …(it was a pro Palestine thing)…

Boss! The clue! The Clue!

(as in the tone of Fantasy island). 😆

thepurist

Didn’t you point out the rather delicious irony of a pro Palestine activist claiming ownership of a piece of land?

Edit – shush chewkw, I wanna play!

Mackem

I did think that but she was chatting to two blokes about a map she had on display. That was funny because the typical exchange was – “Which bit is the West Bank” – “I’m not sure I should really learn which part is which”

Tiger6791

No allotments were hurt I take it?

Tiger6791

Which bit is the West Bank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Some people do like an argument…’ is closed to new replies.