Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)
  • Some people are so xxxxxxx ungrateful…2nd hand bike content
  • pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

So what was the valuation, and outcome?

sammaratti
    Free Member

And the bike was valued at? ……

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I can’t stand the tension…

scaredypants

£750 – they haven’t got out of bed since 😀

tpbiker
    Free Member

Well she took it to the bike shop…and as expected they said it was a very good bike for the cash. Shes now delighted with it apparently!

She asked me to fix a few things they suggested including a new cassette and chain which she said shed pay extra for which is fair enough as she’ll have to replace at a later point anyway, also wanted me to buy her new grips which of course she;ll also pay for.

One thing the bike shop did mention however is that the front brake needs bled, which is odd given it was brand new and worked just fine when I gave it to her. Fair enough however, I said if there is an issue id of course fix it.

davosaurusrex

Was always going to be about the grips…..

Did she at least apologise?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Was she out of the friends zone pleased?

curto80
    Free Member

You could have saved 6+ pages of STW tomfoolery if only you’d just changed one of those **** tyres.

theotherjonv

Now tell her you want some pictures so you can put her up on here and get her valued.

oldnpastit

Good outcome, well done OP!

boblo
    Free Member

Well that’s really shit isn’t it? A friend does a favour for a friend and the friendee needs a random bike shop to confirm they are not being ripped off by their friend? And now she has a revised shopping list of amendments and defects for you to sort out before the output of your kindness is acceptable?

For me, now is the time to tell her to **** off and then sell it to someone else. ‘This is the speedboat you could have won….’.

She’ll be back when it needs more work expecting you to act as her tame bike fixer. All FOC of course. :-/

richardthird

Agree with that. Second opinion ffs. Tell her to jog on.

Old grips though, that’s cheap man. Could have saved a lot of bother.

dantsw13

If you’d found her favourite colour, bought some superstar grips that colour, she would have loved it from the start.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

how about a video of her riding it… down a bumpy track?

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

I’ve got to echo others comments. I’d be telling her to jog on and sell the bike privately.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yeah I get what folks are saying about telling her to jog on but its easier to let it go. Wont be doing her any more favours in future however!

Key thing is I’ll get my cash and she has a great wee bike to ride, so no real losers…

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am glad this has been resolved amicably.

🙂

scaredypants

If I were you I’d ask her specifically (beforehand) “where will you take it/what will you do if anything goes wrong with it ?”

ahwiles
    Free Member

50p says she’s sold it on within a month, for at least £500.

steviecapt
    Free Member

put it all down to experience, doing favours for so called friends, is like pissing in the wind, done similar myself, then everytime something goes wrong, they expect you to fixit, its sometimes not worth the effort,

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

yep expect the bike to be sold on ebay for £250 advertised as a BSO. Best get first refusal if she sells it!

Atleast you get the warm fuzzy feeling of helping a mate out and it doesnt put you out of pocket. You never know she may surprise you and return the favour in the future.

teamslug
    Free Member

Quality thread….I’ll miss this one as it slides into oblivion ,full of rampant sexism but very funny too. FWIW I would have woken her up and told her to go home.

Viewing 22 posts - 201 through 222 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Some people are so xxxxxxx ungrateful…2nd hand bike content’ is closed to new replies.