Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • some of my thoughts on Hit the North this weekend
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

mud.
    there won’t be anywhere near as much as usual. the big field will be a slog (and probably won’t be rideable) but then the normally-muddy singletrack section after the super-steep hill has gone and has been replaced by an MTB trail.

the gully down to the chin and the chin itself will be slippy-slidy as usual, but that’s that? 60 feet?

sambob
    Free Member

Winner.

terrahawk
    Free Member

but then again, I might be lying.

Harry_the_Spider

Are there going to be the self regulated start rank places again? i.e. ‘Fast lads’ at the front to the ‘pootlers’ at the back?

Yep, although the pootlers have been re-branded as “fat lads”.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Can’t wait.
    Last year’s was my first ever ‘race’ (for ‘race’ read riding with a number on my back, my account of last year Hit The North 3 shameless plug…again).

Really enjoyed it. Ride at your own pace and get what you want out of it. Great atmosphere amongst those riding.
    A race named after a song by The Fall, can’t beat that now can you?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

A race named after a song by The Fall, can’t beat that now can you?

yeah, a race named after a slayer song would be better…

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Not sure you’d get 350 signed up for ‘Evil Has No Boundaries 2013’ mind…..

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I havent really given much consideration to bike or tyres yet having been preoccupied with the important things like excuses thus having undertaken a rigorous period of assessment and trialled numerous different fancy dress costumes I have finally decided on the most appropriate for the conditions which also has some aero benefits…. and a tail…

Still undecided on mid-race nutrition, yeah I get the benefits of the research developed gels and energy bars but until Torq or SiS start producing gummy fried eggs and fizzy cola bottles then its Haribo all the way. The only problem is having to mix up a bag of star max and tangfastics pre race to get teh right variety. I bet Bradley Wiggins has someone to do this for him (probably Chris Froome… ha ha!)

nbt

We could have a race in the Marple area and call it “South of Heaven”

I shall bring my mud tyres on saturday and auction them to the highest bidder 🙂

thx1138
    Free Member

BUT… i don’t care. I’m gonna have a massive smile on my face as much as i possibly can, and i plan on enjoying every minute of it since for me it’s a celebration that i’m alive and reasonably able bodied after almost dying 9 years ago through heart failure. now, my heart is more or less totally normal, i’m 6+ stone lighter than i was at that time and mentally i’m in the best place i’ve been in for years.

Fantastic attitude. That’s a victory in itself, surely?

Have a good one mate!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

and a grin the size of Zippy off the Muppets

You do know Zippy was off Rainbow, don’t you?

ChrisF
    Free Member

It’s my first HTN, and I’ll be doing it on a bike I won’t even see until two hours before the start.
    A Surly Krampus with 3″ tyres, in the mud? Wave at me as you pass :o)

tthew

What’s all this ‘I’m happy to just chug round and enjoy the crack’ attitude. I’m only interested in the top slot.
    Numero Uno.
    Il Campione
    Top dog. That’s me come Saturday lunch time. 8)

tthew

Yeah, I just saw that and commented over there. Bovvered.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘some of my thoughts on Hit the North this weekend’ is closed to new replies.