• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Some macro shots – on the cheap too, if interested….
  • DrP

I’ve a GF1 with a few lenses, but at the mo can’t justify a true macro lens. Was looking into an old 50mm fixed on ebay (plus adaptor), but none around at the mo…
    Then by chance I came across the idea of the Raynox DCR-150 macro ‘adaptor’ for just over £30, so thought I’d give it a shot…
    Only arrived today, and just played with it for about 30min this eve.
    It’s actually meant for the 140mm lens (i used it with the 14-45 at 45mm), so there is some “vinaigretteing” at the edges, but I kinda like it!
    Really need to get some nature on the go, but the ability to get much closer and focus is promising. There is also a 250 lens, which has a greater dioptre which one could play with too…
    Here are some simple shots:
    With lens

Without

With lens

Without

With lens

Guess what..without

With lens

Without…didn’t happen, but you get the idea!

I know this forum can be a little font of knowledge, and I’m sure a lot of you probably knew about this lens thingy, but for those who didn’t, and want to ‘play’ with macro without shelling out for ‘proper’ expensive lenses, this and it’s bigger brother get good reviews, and for the short time I was playing I could see potential…

That is all!

DrP

Methinks you mean vignetting….

Cougar

I think your first example is a bad one, as the ‘without’ is a better shot IHMO. I’d like to see the ‘with’ shot redone a couple of stops down.

Other than that, yes, lovely. The pics of the remote are proper quality photos, I enjoyed them greatly.

DrP

Artist-of course I did! Was just being silly!
    Cougar-I want trying for any artistic merit at all, simply poorly framed close ups! Had the little un snatching camera/toys before, so was just snapping! Also, didn’t get the tripod out, which would be needed a few stops down, but I know what you mean…

DrP

donsimon
    Free Member

Looks like a great piece of kit for the money, I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with it. I look forward to seeking more photos.

Photos are ace.

DrP

A few more then…this time with the tripod (but..with the wind blowing it’s still a challenge. The DOF really is narrow!)

Well, I’m really impressed with the lens TBH. It does require a bit of cropping when using the 45mm lens (given the “vendettering”!), and would love to see how it goes at 140mm focal (280mm 35mm equiv)..

DrP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Some macro shots – on the cheap too, if interested….’ is closed to new replies.