Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Some heavy photo viewing and some light reading – Bike-packing the GR5 Part 8
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

There’s been a biiiiig gap between the day 7 and day 8 write-ups from our GR5 trip but i’ve finally caught up and written day8!! Woohoo. For those of you who have been following, then hopefully you haven’t forgotten that I have been writing these or maybe you’re super excited i’ve finally gotten around to writing a new addition to the series.

Every time I remember this day it is remembered as a day of almost pure descending, quite possible the best day ever on a mountain bike, it felt like we were riding downhill for mile after mile after mile. However looking back at the numbers we actually did almost as much uphill as we did downhill – 2877m of descent and 2584m of ascent!

Either way this was easily the best day i’ve ever had on a bike and the best descent i’ve ever done flippin ever.

Day 8 – Roya- Le Caire Gros

Here are the previous posts

Overview

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

A little taster of Day 8’s adventures…

oliverracing

Oooh, been looking forward to this for a while! Will read later as just had a flick through the pics!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Hope you shouted Strava at them goats in the middle of the trail..
    Would be worse if they were wearing jeans and hoodies 😀

Nice pics though..

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Ha you’ve been looking forward for quite some time then Oliver! I’ll definitely be a lot quicker getting Part 9 out, although that is the final part :(. No more stories about the GR5! Although i’ve got plenty to write about from Norway and we are about to van life it down to the south of France and Italy so i’m sure we’ll have same pics from there to share!

matt_outandabout

This is what the forum like button is for.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Thanks Matt!

p.s. trying to tidy up my website so it is a bit easier to navigate and some of the broken things are fixed and most of all so it is a bit faster!

If anyone has any experience with WordPress or websites and can provide advice on why the site might be so slow or even just point me in the direction of some reading I would love to hear it!

bigdaddy

Stunning, what an adventure. I really want to have a go at this one day… Great pictures too, really enjoyable read, thanks for posting

roger_mellie

Looks fab. Haven’t seen any of your previous posts so I now have something to read on the train commute (-:
    Cheers

shindiggy
    Free Member

Tagged, will read tomorrow.

Cheers

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Bigdaddy, I would definitely recommend it, plenty of big climbs and techy/scary/incredible descents to keep you happy for years afterwards. Hopefully my maps and photos are a good help for any planning!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Some heavy photo viewing and some light reading – Bike-packing the GR5 Part 8’ is closed to new replies.