Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Some d**k has set my next doors house on fire….
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

We knew the house was empty and we heard a crackling noise like plaster being knocked off the wall. I went out to have a look and the whole living room was on fire, With it being a 2 up 2 down terraced so if we was asleep or didnt here the roaring fire. **** knows what could have happend.

The first thing was to call the 999 and sort that out and then get an 80 year old lady (next door to the fire on the other side) out and somewhere safe, then I asked Suzie to get bunny out of out house. Then I got my bike out somewhere safe. the fire brigade has put the fire out someone has set a sofa on fire in the living room.

It was proper scary.

well i am not going to sleep tonight…

Smee
    Free Member

That'll have saved you a few pennies on heating.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mmmm, BBQ rabbit. Yum!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Goan – Member

That'll have saved you a few pennies on heating.

Cock

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Mmmm, BBQ rabbit. Yum!

Bigger Cock

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Glad you got out safe fella..

brakes
    Free Member

your bunny-bike priorities are all wrong

tails
    Free Member

thats not fun 🙁 do you know if kids used the house as a den or do you think its more sinister?

Andy

Not nice! Glad all ended ok. Might be worth asking the council to board it tomorrow, or just board it your self! Will be a bit of an eyesore but at least it might prevent it happening again.

Nezbo
    Free Member

brakes – i got the bike out while suzie got the bunny out, so no priorities needed 😉

tails – The house was rented and the land lord has kicked him out, but i dont think he was the type of person to do that, i think there is something more sinister going on, but i am not to sure what, but they cant find him, i dont think it was kids, but they have found evidence of growing drugs etc…, so it could be somthing to do with that. (but i dont know what it is or was for)

Cheers all for the concerns.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Andy – The police have allready done it. the fire brigade had to smash the door in, and the glass was about to blow out at any time. :'(

defo not going to sleep tonight. may have to have tomorrow off. feel very sick(ill) thinking about it.

Smee
    Free Member

RaveyDavey – you're a proper charmer aren't you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nezbo, flippant bunny-munching reply aside (hope you knew it was in jest!), something like that can sure as hell shake you up. Had a break in at Flash Towers as few months ago. I hardly slept for a week afterwards.

Hope it goes well for you, really I do.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

RaveyDavey – you're a proper charmer aren't you.

Oh yes I am. You better believe it fella. There is a time and a place for jokes and that wasn't it. If you don't know why you must be in law enforcement 😆

Drac

Remember.

Get your bike out, Get the bunny, Get the Fire brigade out and put RaveyDavey in.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Oh Ha Ha call the paramedics Drac I think my sides have split!! If the Police were out catching these scrotes instead of harassing law abiding citizens then this kind of thing wouldn't be so common. By the way I did 85 mph today on the M56 8)

Drac

By the way I did 85 mph today on the M56

Pfft is that all.

midlifecrashes

Glad you got out safe, I once rented a house to a bloke who was a front for Chinese marijuana growers. They bypassed the electric meter and rigged up a parallel system, no junction boxes, just wires twisted together. Cost a fortune to put right afterwards, and lucky not to have had the whole lot go up.

project
    Free Member

Before you go to bed, go up to the loft and ensure you have a divideing wall between your and next doors hous, if not fit a couple of smoke alarms, in your attic and next door just to be sure.

Glad Bunny is ok as well as you and the misses.

Last night someone torched the betting shop,totally gutted, and the estate agents next door and all the flats above,now all demolished as unsafe

Gary_C

if not fit a couple of smoke alarms, in your attic and next door just to be sure.

House next door to mine was on fire a few months back,after fire service had extingushed the blaze,they came knocking at my door to enquire if I had smoke alarms (I have),they said if I hadn't then they would have fitted some FOC before they went.

crazy-legs

House over the road from me when I lived in Lancaster burnt down one night. Bloke was pissed and had tried to cook something about 1am or so, I heard him shouting to his (female) neighbour "I'm on fire love" and just thought it was him being a randy git! Next thing I know, she's out in the street as well yelling blue murder, I opened the curtains to see thick black smoke billowing out of his bedroom window, could see the flames as well.
    Fortunately neither my house or car were in immediate danger so I closed all the windows and doors and went to sleep in the back room away from all the noise. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Couple of yrs ago a house opposite me went up in the early hrs of the morning.
    We were in bed when we where woken by the sound of shattering glass – both thought a car windscreen had been put through.
    Opened the curtains to see the house opposite pouring fire out of the shattered bay window, massive flames up to the roofline.
    Called 999, jumped into my jeans and legged it across the rd with some vague idea of breaking in and getting the old fella out of the house…

The reality was very different, the front window was a flame filled whirling vortex that looked like the mouth of hell – no way was i brave enough! Got the next door lady out and tried to find out how many people lived there (only seen 1 but not sure) when the cops arrived. One young cop hurled himself through the front door without hesitating – braver man than me for sure.

Turns out the old boy had fallen asleep in fron of an electric fire and set fire to the furniture. He'd woken up, stumbled across the room and opened the door…
    The resulting backdraft blew out the windows and woke us up.
    He was rescued but has never moved back in, think he's in sheltered accomodation now.
    Bloody scary stuff, how people do that for a living i'll never know.

Neil glad it was resolved by the firebrigade without anybody getting hurt or your house being damaged. Earlier this year we were woken at 2am on a Saturday morning to my neighbour from 3 doors down burglar alarm, as the dipstick dad dropped a discarded fag (que Phoenix Nights jokes!) into his kitchen bin before going to bed…

I ran out and the paraletic dad and his mate were stood on the bay roof of the lounge, but couldnt get down. Luckily I had a set of surveyors ladders in my hall so grabbed them and set them up against the house to help them down, but the guys had so much smoke in their faces they couldnt see anything and wouldnt let go of the window, anyway, just then the fire brigade arrived and dragged them down!

Only after the two blokes were rescued did he "remember" that this was his weekend to look after the kids, and all 3 were inside asleep in the burning house!!! Fortunately the kids all woke up when the fire fused the burglar alarm cables and set the alarm off, but the dad didnt know this at the time. Scary stuff!!

Drac

The heat the produce is mental, was called to house fire last year it had expired when we got there. Waiting quite some time for the fire service I could hear someone in the living room cheyne-stoking, I mentioned it to a cooper who said I'll be behind. Got through the front door on my hands knees as smoke thick black stuff about 4 feet above the floor, must have got 3 feet through living door before my head felt like it was going to burst into flames. No good had to come out and wait for the plastic heeds to come, the copper never even tried further than the front door as he stayed stood up.

plumber
    Free Member

JC, I never get sick of hearing that story of your heroic rescue.

Neil, I'm glad you and Suz are ok

firestarter
    Free Member

glad all is ok 🙂 its does get hot in some fires thats for sure ive been in some belters. One particularly hot one melted my visor and radio and burnt my helmet. I got out and felt like my hands were burning so i put my gloves between my thighs to try get rid of some of the heat and when i got undressed back at station i had two hand prints on both sides of my inner thighs where the gloves had retained the heat and burnt me lol wont do that again. But everyone that reads this if you havent got smoke alarms ring your nearest station for some free ones fitted 🙂

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Because we all love going out to do Home Fire Safety Visits….. 😉
    You should find that the Brigade will be in touch with you Nezbo but if not be sure to give them a call and get them round. It'll put your mind at ease if nothing else.
    I hate it when I burn my helmet Mick 😉 😀

theotherjonv

Mick, Barney. When your lot came to do a visit at ours at least the wife and kids had baked you some cookies in preparation.

As said above, and also to one of my mates who is a firefighter in the Surrey Brigade. When all sensible logic is saying run away, and you guys go in the other direction, takes balls bigger than most on here would ever dream of having. Big shiny yellow plastic hats off to you.

firestarter
    Free Member

hey barney it beats door knocking lol ive just got a lovely new helmet i hope i dont burn that one . i went thru 4 of the cromwells not including a few times when stores did a triggers brush on it lol

mccett
    Free Member

Be thankful the person who set fire to it got that house! Most of the drug related ones we have had recently they get the wrong place or the wrong dealers car – thats drugs for you i guess. Only echo what the others have said, get some smoke detectors fitted by local fire service, it adds to our monthly targets!

theotherjonv – thanks for the supportive comment, makes a change from the usual negative comments about firefighters.

Nezbo
    Free Member

mccett, there was enought drugs in the up stairs of the house! well; for more than enought people.

I have also been informed that he has handed him self in and he has been arrested.

Hopefully it will be then end of that chapter. Hope some one nice moves in nextdoor, when it have been done up again…

Cheers every one 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I can't have firefighters come to mine. My wife will be drooling for weeks 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

When they came to fit our alarms (having drummed up business at the checkouts in Sainsburys), our firefighters turned in an actual fire engine. I suppose I was expecting them to turn up in one of those red focuses (focii?) they drive round here, but I suppose they were also on duty and needed to be able to go straight to a call rather than waiting for half the crew to come back to the station. Anyway, the children loved it and keep asking me if we can get a couple more fitted. I am sure it is more of a drag than sitting around in the station waiting for a call, but what a great service. 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

When they came to fit our alarms (having drummed up business at the checkouts in Sainsburys), our firefighters turned in an actual fire engine

Can you instist they take their boots off? Don't want muck on the new cream carpet. 😕

Drac

I can't have firefighters come to mine. My wife will be drooling for weeks

Your wife is into fat middle aged blokes then?

AndyP
    Free Member

either that, or she's hugely aroused by the sort of person who'd go on strike 3 days out of every 4

l45key
    Free Member

Drac – Member

Cheeky get, but then you do knock round with Billy! 😀

Drac

Yeah and your so slim Laskey.

l45key
    Free Member

Pure beefcake pal!

takisawa2

Typical, your bikes roasting away & the missus wants her RampantRabbit rescuing.

Drac

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Some d**k has set my next doors house on fire….’ is closed to new replies.