Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • SOME CHAV BASTARD IS ROLLIN OUT ON MY YETI 5!!!!
  • gregfreer
    Free Member

Stolen bike.
    Yeti 5 stolen from my kitchen. White frame. Full spec. 2×10 xt. Hope hoops sp with flows. Reverb seat post. Fox talas. Easton haven bar n stem. Xt brakes brand new with fins etc. Chris king headset.

Gutted. Probably been sold for 50 sheets so the guy could get smacked up for the night.

Scumbags.

Keep your eyes peeled for us. Obviously cash reward. Don’t care where it comes from but would make my year if it came back.

Not insured!!!!!!

Cheers all.

Greg.

rOcKeTdOg

which area?

crazy-legs

Stolen from where? Not your kitchen, the more general location…

aa
    Free Member

might be worth asking leisure lakes at breaston in case someone offers it there.

will keep my eyes peeled in nw leics

gregfreer
    Free Member

Sorry – forgot to put location. I live near to leisure lakes in breaston, Derbyshire.. Bought it from there and they are keeping an eye out for me.

Thanks for interest.

Greg

reedspeed
    Free Member

Youve done it now! ,well all probaby get banned or the thread gets pulled! ,goo on my son…keep ya bowells open btw..

BrickMan

If you don’t find it in the 1st week, you likely won’t

Time is critical. If its been taken today, then get off the forum, and drive around every scummy estate, shop and dodgy pub, ask about in a way like you want to buy it “some guy had a fancy green bike round here earlier, haven’t seen him have you, wanna buy it”…

Also bit of safety, take a burly mate, don’t do anything stupid, if their brave enough to rob it out of your house, their brave enough to pull a knife on you. Also don’t go trying to start a war, you’ll loose.

Same again tomorrow*, go around everywhere within 5miles, it WILL be someone local, some kid thats seen you ride it home, some geezer in a pub thats seen you and others when locking up for a pint, or worse, word of mouth thats escaped from one of your mates/family to some lower form of life who thought they’d have a go.

*this is how I found a mates bike in london, went into a deli one day, asked and nothing. Went back to same place next day, and sure enough the kid had been in asking if possible to put a sign up, which they had, and we found him.

Cycletaskforce are also worth a bash, they have helped recover stuff before, but not sure if they have any jurisdiction outside of the capital.

Lastly, keep an eye on http://bikeshd.co.uk/ its a site made by a german student (don’t quote me on that) that trawls all the usual places for bikes and flashs them up, its helped find dozens of stolen bikes in london, might be worth a look on the hour.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I dislike “told you so responses” strongly but a £5k bike not insured leaves me just short of speechless?!?!?

gregfreer
    Free Member

Brickman
    Done all that pal. Thanks though. Got a few mates in bad places but nothing has been found ya know?

I will try that website thanks.

Visits have been made to local reprobates to try and get it back with ‘burly mates’ but nothing. Unreal man. Seems to have disappeared!

Patriot pro – appreciate what ur saying man. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. £600 a year to insure. Wonder which way is best. Now I will tell u to insure it but a few years ownership and it cancelsitselfout hey?

Greg.

bruneep

If you don’t find it in the 1st week, you likely won’t

Mine turned up over a year later.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

£600 a year to insure.

you can always take the £600 you saved and stick it on a horse race – best form of bike insurance.

Good luck finding your steed

gregfreer
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Let’s find the steed then smash em up!

BrickMan

Thats a point actually. my bikes are no longer insured (gulp) as house insurance is now limited to £750 max single item and does not cover bikes above £250! To add a bike was something daft like £396 + admin fee. *lesigh*

I think the best form of insurance is to just occasionally stick £100 in a biscuit tin, honestly! As you can pay your £600, have a £100 lock on there, have numerous deadlocks on its stored location, and they still won’t payout just becuas the wind was slightly wrong on any given day.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Pics?

patriotpro
    Free Member

I can only imagine it’s down to you living in a ‘skanky’ area (to the insurance company at least) as that’s a serious insurance premium.

I’ve never heard of that sort of quote to insure ANY bike 😯

gregfreer
    Free Member

Call me dumb-and I know you wil. . . . . . . .

Can someone give me a tutorial on gettin pics on here? Where do I load photos to?

frazered
    Free Member

upload to http://photobucket.com/

grab the link called ‘img code’ for each photo and paste in here

gregfreer
    Free Member

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii586/gregfreer/Yeti%205%20stolen/

Hope this link works. Bike has been further upgraded since photo with Easton haven magnesium stem and haven black handlebar.

Cheers,

Greg

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

gregfreer
    Free Member

Full xt brakes also upgraded too since photos.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it will turn up. Anticipate some parts being swapped to make it look a bit different.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Hope you get it back soon, get a stolen notice on the Pinkbike classifieds and maybe as a false ebay listing (£0.00 buy it now, so it shows under the search terms).

gregfreer
    Free Member

Cheers mate.

stox
    Free Member

Were you in the house when it was stolen from your kitchen???

gregfreer
    Free Member

No mate. Took it in the day while I was at work.

Cheek of em hey? Bout 11 in the morning!

gsp1984
    Free Member

£600 a year to insure just a bike… Your looking in the wrong place.

My buildings and content is £38 a month… So yes £450 a year, but insuring a £5k orange and £2k cube only cost an extra £16 for the whole year. Do you not have ANY house insurance? I guess it depend what valuables you have in the house, but I can’t imagine not having it.

No help now admittedly 🙁

I’m local so will keep an eye out

jmason
    Free Member

Did they break in to steal it ? or was the door open ?

schnor
    Free Member

Kinda like BrickMan, as I’m in a high risk area my insurance co. refused to cover my bikes as they’re collectively worth over £2000, so I asked about covering them individually and they refused one as its over two years old. The other is ~20 months old and £200 to insure but only covered for the next 4 months 🙄

Anyhoo, lovely bike OP – hope you get it back 🙁

mdavids
    Free Member

It’s an extra £42 a year on top of my halifax home insurance to cover 2 bikes valued at £2k and £1k. I’ve never had to claim so I dont know what they’re like in that respect but as long as you have the original purchase receipt and dont leave it outside unlocked then I can’t foresee any problems.

trambler

A friend of mine had his bikes nicked from near you, one turned up on fleabay in Chaddesden. Arranged to meet the seller at an address, went with Rozzers to the address, grabbed the youth but it was a random address, bike wasn’t there and the scumbag denied all knowledge. If you find a lead to where it might be you’ll have to be smarter to recover it. Best of luck though, I’ll keep my eyes peeled, scum should be burnt.

al2000

Nice bike – here’s hoping it shows up.

I’m local(ish), so will keep an eye out.

project
    Free Member

Stolen bike.
    Yeti 5 stolen from my kitchen. White frame. Full spec. 2×10 xt. Hope hoops sp with flows. Reverb seat post. Fox talas. Easton haven bar n stem. Xt brakes brand new with fins etc. Chris king headset.

Gutted. Probably been sold for 50 sheets so the guy could get smacked up for the night.

Somebody would have most probably given more as its still a lot cheaper than actually saving to buy the bike new, and thats the problem , the ones who buy stolen bikes should be either fined or inprisoned as well if and when caught.

gregfreer
    Free Member

Cheers all. Direct line insurance only cover bikes up to £1k so waste of time really and refused to itemise it-even if in house.
    When I looked at insuring it thru cycle something or other it was about £45 a month. Didn’t think it was worth it.

Kicked the back door in to get in. Must have been watching the house.

Thanks everyone for keeping eyes peeled.

Greg

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Greg….im in Derby. Will keep my eyes open.

andrewh
    Free Member

I can only imagine it’s down to you living in a ‘skanky’ area (to the insurance company at least) as that’s a serious insurance premium.

I’ve never heard of that sort of quote to insure ANY bike

I’m in rural Lincolnshire, which as far car and household insurers are concerned is one of the best areas of the country. Quote for my race bike? £750 😯 (that’s with one foreign trip per year). Mine’s not insured either…

the ones who buy stolen bikes should be either fined or inprisoned as well if and when caught.

The sentances for handling stolen goods can be longer than those for theft. Still don’t think they are long enough for either. Just got to watch out for the ‘genuinely bought it in good faith’ pitfall.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘SOME CHAV BASTARD IS ROLLIN OUT ON MY YETI 5!!!!’ is closed to new replies.