Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sombrio shoes; anyone tried 'em?
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

The CRC sale has them pretty cheap compared to old faithful 5tens at £32-£44. I’m on Vaults and like a bargain, what I’ve read is that they’re less grippy than stealth soles but still sticky.

I fancy a 2nd set of shoes for rotation when my freeriders get soggy, I’m between something from Sombrio (cheap) and maybe some Links mids (alledgedly better at drying out).

It’s a shame the 5ten Spitfires are suede, they look good and they’re cheap 🙁

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ll tell you when mine arrive. Bought the X-Floats as summer shoes, so my old AM41s can be relegated to winter riding. Reviews online seemed pretty positive (main complaint is that they’re not supportive enough for DH) and for £31 there’s not as much to complain about if they fall apart. The comments I read said they were stickier than just about everything apart from 5.10s.

chvck
    Free Member

I was looking at them and a few reviews did complain about support and protection. A few also put them on par with vans waffle pattern for grip and quite far behind 5.10s but that can be a good thing depending on what you like. In the end I bought some 5.10s off CRC because they were 44 quid!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deano8
    Free Member

Just ordered the sombrio x plats, there was a great review when I googled and at £40 you can’t really go wrong 🙂

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sorted, identical purple freeriders for £49.49 at Leisure Lakes 😀 With the new freeriders coming in soon I think they’re shedding old stock. You can even go via topcashback to increase the bargainosity of it all.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Teva Links are horrific at drying out. Need a day or so on the radiator after a soggy ride

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sombrio shoes; anyone tried 'em?’ is closed to new replies.