Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • sombrio anthem storm jacket???
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience with the above jacket or similar sombrio jackets?

binners

Sombrio jackets are bomb-proof. All Sombrio kit is actually. Couldn’t recommend it highly enough

I’ve had a Sombrio Misfit softshell jacket that has lasted me a good few years, during which time it is constantly covered in crap. Yet you sling it in the wash, and it still comes out like new. Sombrio stuff is generally wearable off the bike as well, without looking like a nob

Bregante

I’ve got the vapour storm and it’s actually far too nice for wearing on the bike. Good quality kit.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Cheers chaps, might take the plunge

johnellison
    Free Member

Sombrio shorts are most definitely NOT bombproof – at least not in South Pennine gritstone conditions. Mine are now more patch/repair than fabric. But as the OP is not asking about shorts, that’s kind of irrelevant, isn’t it? I’ll get me coat…

binners

I presume, having just had a quick peak, you’re taking advantage of the CRC sale?

Damn you!!!!

Must… not… buy… another… jacket…

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Correct binners! Both brawny and anthem jacket for sale on CRC. Just not sure which one to go for.
    Or if there are any others in the CRC sale worth looking at?

I’ve got vouchers that need spending and a cheap waterproof that needs replacing.

chvck
    Free Member

Can’t remember which Sombrio jacket I have but I reckon that it’s one of the best bits of biking kit that I’ve ever had. I also have some shorts that are 4 years old and have seen a lot of falls and still have no holes! I did buy a pair of gloves that fell apart after about 4 rides though, wasn’t so impressed by those – granted the terminal part was a pretty massive crash that ripped the palm out.

binners

I’d say the anthem looks the best. But you can’t go far wrong with Sombrio jackets. Especially at that price!

simonside
    Free Member

All SOMBRIO kit is the mutts nuts apart from the gloves, which never fit my strange sized hands. Some pocket zips tend to fail after being scraped along the ground but what would you generally expect? I have 3 coats in various cuts and they all keep the rain out and the warmth in. Love em!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Plunged!

I’ll give it some use then put a review up here for anyone interested.

Cheers for the input folks, seems the Sombrio gear is quite highly regarded.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Well, been using this to commute for the last month. It’s not ideal for visibility, so I use a reflective Sam Browne Belt over the top. I know it’s designed for the trails more than the commute though.

As far as the jacket goes, I can’t really rate it enough. It’s comfortable, looks good (easy use it as a casual jacket), it feels good and does a great job of keeping the rain out. Breathability isn’t too bad either, I have the pit zips open most of the time but single speeding to college and back is sometimes a sweaty business. Get a bit sweaty with a hoodie underneath, but when wearing something appropriate it’s fine.

Cheers for the earlier input -I’m well chuffed I bought it now.

nick1962
    Free Member

Looks and sounds good sizing may be an issue though 🙂
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62623

binners

Glad it fits the bill. The beauty of Sombrio stuff, in my experience, is that it’ll still be doing equally as good a job in a few years time. Its built to last

maccruiskeen

Sombrio jackets are bomb-proof. All Sombrio kit is actually.

The material is excellent – the stitching, the buttons/poppers and zips less so. I’ve got one of the 4 way stretch jackets (I’m wearing it right now!) Its great but the zip hasn’t worked properly since I bought it. Got the 4 way stretch trousers – the fabric stretches so that the big rivited-through poppers fall out. And the pocket linings un-sew themselves. Still really useful garments if you keep repairing them, and having replaced them with better put together, cheaper stuff I still keep going back to them. Maybe their spec or QC has improved in recent years but I couldn’t justify the asking price again on the strength of what I’ve bought to date.

Shandy
    Free Member

I really like Sombrio but the quality is pretty poor.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘sombrio anthem storm jacket???’ is closed to new replies.