Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Solomon clothing
  • matt_outandabout

Whats the quality / hardwearingness / sizing like? I have had boots and shoes from them, and early ones were great. Latest ones did not seem as good.

Looking at things like softshell, trousers, base layers etc.

Unfortunately I cannot try on or find a local stockist – its a last minute kit order from my new employer with them and they need the order tomorrow.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of their base layers and they’ve been pretty good. Lasted well and the sizing is spot on (take a large in most other things, and take a large in their kit).

slimtubing
    Free Member

used to stock them in my store a few years back, we had a lot of trouble shifting them because the fit was so unusual, basically the ideal solomon wearer should be long legged, very slim and quite wealthy. the quality control was dubious too, we had convertible pants where the lower legs were a different colour to the upper by a few shades,also their wicking tees snagged very easily, we had to discount it heavily to shift it. it looks very well but there is better gear out there I assure you. You can’t go past Columbia for VFM and durability.
    HTH

matt_outandabout

cheers slim – its a trade account, so mucho cheapness and tempting….

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 of their cycling jerseys – quality and fit are top notch. Look good too 🙂

slimtubing
    Free Member

If someone else is footing the bill them go for gold, its certainly at the stylier end of the scale when it comes to out door gear. i have an acti lite cyling top which is almost see through and great for very warm days, just try the sizing before you order shed loads of it.

matt_outandabout

I am footing the (much reduced) bill.

Cheers – I think I will give some a punt.

TooTall
    Free Member

the ideal solomon wearer should be long legged, very slim and quite wealthy.

Not matt then ;o)

matt_outandabout

oi, I fulfil one of those criteria…

TooTall
    Free Member

If you did, you’d not :

have regressed to a 26 inch wheeled bike, or
    be so cuddly, or
    make your children go out and clean chimneys and other menial jobs

So – which one do you claim to fulfil, little-bike-riding cuddly bad dad?

matt_outandabout

*prods tummy* – yep that wobbles
    *checks bank balance* – no, kids need to work harder

Bike? unfortunately, other than a Gary Fisher (which I couldn’t get a test ride on) I couldn’t afford a FS 29er….

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Salomon do some very decent kit, but all their stuff I’ve seen/had def seems to be on the lightweight side, rather than the durable side …

jojoA1
    Free Member

I would concur with the view that Salomon kit is designed for the tall and long limbed of the population, of whom I am not one. 🙁 Looks nice but not for hobbit shaped Anglo/Celtic types.

TooTall
    Free Member

Butch Anglo-Celtic chicks.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Easy, Tiger! 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, outdoorsy shop I worked at for a while never stocked salomon clothing becuase the sizing was all squiffy. We did the shoes and enjoyed the clothing samples they sent through hugely, but never decided to stock it. That was years ago though, I’d have thought they’d have sorted the fit by now.

sq225917
    Free Member

Made at the same place the Mavic cloth is.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Solomon clothing’ is closed to new replies.