Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Solo air fork slowly sucking down
  • andeh

I’m out at the Mega and over the last couple of days my Lyrik solo airs have been losing travel and are now sitting at 20% sag without a load. I can’t pull them up to full travel and letting all the air out/reinflating does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

I did a lower leg lube last week, but didn’t have any trouble until now. Thanks in advance!

LoCo
    Free Member

strip air spring side and clean & regrease.
    or take to local shop to do, replace air seals if possible too.

andeh

Thanks LoCo, my hero! Do I have to remove the top cap to do a spring service? I ask because I don’t think we have a socket set with us.

LoCo
    Free Member

No, removing the valave core would be good though or depressing it when you draw the air shaft out of the bottom of the leg with lowers off (you’ll need circlip pliers)
    Tech manuals on sram site: http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,108,434

hope that helps, take you time and don’t do it after beers so you don’t loose any parts 😉

superdan

There was a guy from one of the valley bike shops, with a pitch in the main square in Alpe-D’Huez who did suspension servicing during the race buildup the 2 times I was out there for the Mega.

slackalice
    Free Member

Top man Loco! I’m impressed, people pay good money for that kinda knowledge and experience.

By which I mean that you freely give help and advice, on more than this one occasion. 😀

rotary
    Free Member

yep LoCo never hesitates to give advice, more people with that attitude and the world would be a better place

pt81
    Free Member
    andeh

Serviced the air spring last night, all seemed well but I think they may have started to creep down again :/

svalgis
    Free Member

Did you replace all the seals? Did you inspect the air shaft for scratches?

andeh

I didn’t have any seals, I’m a bit far from home, just cleaned and regreased everything. Shaft seemed fine to me.

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d suggest getting them to the local bikeshop/suspension guy to get the air leg seals changed then as it sounds like they’re leaking, good luck!

andeh

Cheers LoCo! After quali today they seem to have settled and aren’t dropping any more, I’ll change the seals when I get home.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Solo air fork slowly sucking down’ is closed to new replies.