• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Solid oak worktops – where from?
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

Anyone ordered any recently?

Need 3 of, 38/40mm thick and 1x2m, 1x3m and 1x4m (or 3.6m – only need it 3.1m long!).

Any recommendations gladly received!

tinybits
    Free Member

Worktop express were good and a decent price. Bit of a lead time if I remember right and would only supply with some oil already on.

I’d use again

fisha
    Free Member

Bought 8m of the standard oak stuff from worktop express last year. Very pleased with it. Would happily but again. (It’s the 2nd lot of worktop I’ve bought from them )

It was not oiled, in fact I don’t even remember there being as option for that. So not sure about the above comment.

Don’t bother with the oil they suggest. I found it pants. By a mile the easiest to use stuff I’ve found is osmo poly-x satin. So easy to out on and very hard wearing I’ve found.

The thing with wood remember is that it’ll wear, dent and need a bit of attention to stop wet things lying on it for lengths of time. Although the osmo stuff seems to resist that quite well.

Oh, and get a router and a worktop jig with the bone slots in it to route out the joiner bolt holes.

nickjb
    Free Member

Got mine from http://www.kitchen-surplus.co.uk/timber_worktops.html All went fine, quick delivery decent quality, good price

StuF

I got some from here
    eBay

It’s been fine so far, but only installed for a month or so. I went for treating it with OSMO and that is really good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Solid oak worktops – where from?’ is closed to new replies.