Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • SOLD DODGY WHEELS SET ON STW
  • smartsi
    Free Member

SOLD BY JAMBRO
    SYNCROS WHEELS SET
    NOW A DISPUTE ABOUT A REFUND
    SEE PICS HERE UNDER WHEELS http://www.flickr.com/photos/50942779@N05/

tragically1969
    Free Member

Eh ? i think you have missed the back story ?

mmb
    Free Member

back story?

uplink
    Free Member

I hope you get a good resolution on this

It does however confirm my feelings about buying stuff from people who have absolutely no interest in the forum other than to make money

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/jambro

foxyrider
    Free Member
    soobalias
    Free Member

jambo wont be too chuffed either i guess

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yeah the story behind it, or have i missed the thread where it all kicked off ?

Stoner
    Free Member

I never trade with someone who doesnt post on the main forum.

Most people on the forum have at least the semblance of an online reputation they wish to maintain. Even SFB.

EDIT: having read CHBs post below, Id agree. smartsi and jambro were made for each other.

CHB

I would never buy from someone on here who mainly buys and sells, to be honest smartsi, this includes you. Get your crap on ebay if all you want to do is sell and leave STW for cyclists, not traders.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Jam bo is a different chap SOOBalias. OP is referring to Jamb(r)o.

Apologies if you already knew that – you're right, I'd imagine the original Jam bo would be pretty miffed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – If I am buying anything from the classifieds I will check posting history and try to get someone with history to vouch for them if I am unsure or its a lot of money.

Bought a good few things that way with no issues.

soobalias
    Free Member

i know that…

have to agree smartsi, this is your first post that isnt in the classifieds. mind if i ask what percentage of your sales you donate?

smartsi
    Free Member

SOS guys i didnt about this side of stw.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hope you get it sorted tho. Its not nice to be ripped off

mmb
    Free Member

don't think there was an earlier thread, anyway this is what i know, smartsi purchased a set of syncros lil snapper wheels from a user named jambro, the wheels arrived while i was at smartsi's pad ( he's a friend and a colleague of mine) the parcel itself was in good condition when it arrived, there were no signs of damage to it! however the wheels inside were shonky to say the least, axle bent and severely worn where a bearing had moved out of the cup and cone and had caused wear to the axle 2 spokes were broken and both wheels were buckled, as there was no damage the packaging it can only be assumed that the items were in that condition before postage and poor handling cannot explain the damage and wear to the axle caused by misplaced bearings
    jambro is now refusing to refund until the wheels are sent back but doesn't seem to care that smartsi had to trust him when the purchase was made, no-one sends the goods without payment first do they?
    i can vouch for smartsi and i know he will return the wheels he recieves his refund
    jambro if your are reading this thread smartsi is not the type to rip you off but in light of the condition you sent the items in it would appear that your ethics are questionable,if this not the case then show trust as it was shown to you and the matter will be resolved quite quickly.

smartsi
    Free Member

CHEERS DUDE MMB.

Coleman
    Free Member

Ha Ha! This is a wacky thread. smartsi gets ripped off but thread makes no sense at all until a mate posts a long explanation.
    Mind you I have just drunk half a bottle of wine!

mmb
    Free Member

smartsi is good dude but doesn't always make a lot of sense to me either 😆

timdrayton
    Free Member

surely you cant be asking the seller to refund before goods are returned?

jambro is now refusing to refund until the wheels are sent back but doesn't seem to care that smartsi had to trust him when the purchase was made, no-one sends the goods without payment first do they?

i sell a fair few bits to fund my bike habit, but wouldnt refund unless i had the "damaged" good in my hands…

timdrayton
    Free Member

Mind you I have just drunk half a bottle of wine!

loving the asda shiraz……….. £3.75, bargain 🙂

smartsi
    Free Member

i bought them in good faith and he should refund the money in good faith.I have sent him the same pics as on here and still moans about refunding my money.

mmb
    Free Member

maybe not but you probably don't knowingly send damaged goods as good condition thus bringing your reputation into question which would put a different perspective to it wouldn't you say!.

timdrayton
    Free Member

yes indeed, once you have returned them.

mamadirt
    Free Member

To be fair, if you bought from a shop you wouldn't expect a refund before the goods were returned. Similarly you wouldn't expect the goods to be sent before being paid for.

mmb
    Free Member

after knowingly sending damaged goods how can trust be given?. a shop wouldn't send the goods if they knew they were damaged we're not talking about poor handling or unknown damage here.

smartsi
    Free Member

i dont have a problem in sending them back but will i get my money back ????.

scraprider
    Free Member

send them back first , reg post, which wheels are they in the pics .

timdrayton
    Free Member

after knowingly sending damaged goods how can trust be given?.

sorry even after putting that through my yoda transalator that still doesnt make sense.

imagine if you will, a situation.

buyer a (lets call him buyer a) buys from someone he doesnt know, the kit languishes in his garages and his wife calls an end to his project, he decides to sell the kit which he bought in good faith.

he sells it, to buyer b (for this example you are buyer b) in good faith without realising there are faults.

buyer b then throws his dolly out of the pram on a public forum screwing up the online respectability of buyer a, buyer b refuses to send the kit back, and demands a refund.

you see how this might not be so reasonable now?

smartsi
    Free Member

all the pics with the word WHEELS on.I am not asking to much just my money back, I dont have a problem in sending them back,if he got them from another buyer he would have checked them when recevied and sent them back to him NOT PAST THEM ONTO A ANOTHER BUYER (ME)OR SOMEONE ELSE.

timdrayton
    Free Member

i dont have a problem in sending them back but will i get my money back ????.

dunno, you should probably have witheld your moaning until after you had sent them back?

tails
    Free Member

As this thread will get more looks than a good seller thread. I can recommend richieboy as a very good person to buy from well packaged and polite.

mmb
    Free Member

know i don't see how this is reasonable read the earlier post and you will see that buckled wheels and broken spokes are pretty much obvious unless you are blind.

Coleman
    Free Member

I've now polished off the second half of my bottle of wine, and this thread is making a bit more sense. I think I'll crack open another bottle, and who knows, when that's gone I might even offer a full refund myself. 🙂

timdrayton
    Free Member

know i don't see how this is reasonable read the earlier post and you will see that buckled wheels and broken spokes are pretty much obvious unless you are blind.

and looking at the original pics the wheels werent buckled and didnt have a spoke missing.

i once sent a frame to a guy, and by the time it arrived it looked like a truck had driven over it, the royal mail dont refund unless you prove it was damaged in transit, and unless you (the buyer) noticed the damaged box and imediately queried it, or sent it back to the seller how is he supposed to claim from the royal mail if it was damaged in transit?

Jamie
    Free Member

Buyer only uses STW for the classifieds then comes on to the main forum to bitch when something goes wrong? Cry me a ****ing river. Deal with the seller privately, who also is obviously an eBay refugee, and do not expect me to care.

Harsh, but fair.

DT78
    Free Member

If I had sold something that the person was unhappy with I would offer a refund, but like it sounds here, I would only do it once I actually had the item back.

I did the exact same with some rotors recently, even though I didn't agree with what the buyer was saying I offered him a full refund as he wasn't happy. He posted the item back, when I received it I refunded him.

Send them back to him as he requested, then moan / witch hunt if he doesn't refund.

tbh – this is why I stopped selling much through the forums and use ebay.

smartsi
    Free Member

He said he will pay to get them picked up BUT then he asked about the damage to the box but no damage to the box just nackered wheels.
    IF HE PAYS UP THEN I WILL APPLOGISE ON THE FORUM.

chakaping
    Free Member

You;d probably have got a more sympathetic hearing if you hadn't used all capitals.

It makes you look a bit mental.

mmb
    Free Member

how many times? the box wasn't damaged in transit! it arrived in good condition and just cause the spokes were there it doesn't mean they weren't broken! and just cause someone only ever uses the classifieds that makes it ok to rip them off does it? it would seem that some other users on here are starting to show their true colours also.

timdrayton
    Free Member

you havent been ripped off, currently you have brought some kit, moaned about it then refused to send it back.

until you have sent it back, and then allowed your buyer some time to respond to you, other than an attempted witch hunt on a public forum, you arent going to get much sympathy.

hmmmmmmmmmmm asda shiraz…………..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘SOLD DODGY WHEELS SET ON STW’ is closed to new replies.