Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sold my sons iPhone. Done a rest. Anything else before I hand it over?
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Want to ensure the new owner doesn’t have issues connecting up etc. do I have to do anything on iTunes to unassociate it with me.

Sorry for the basic question

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

turn off find my phone via icloud on web page rather than phone

jimwah
    Free Member

Use your Apple ID to sign into iCloud, been a while but I think you need to remove it from ‘Devices/Find my Phone’

jambalaya
    Free Member

Glad you had a rest, you must have been exhausted 😉

If you mean you reset it as a new phone (eg via iTunes) than that’s it plus remove it from find my Phone (if you don’t new user will be blocked and phone unusable – thats an anti-theft feature)

Hand it over without the sim of course

dashed
    Free Member

And take a pick of the serial number if you’re selling on ebay etc. In case some unscrupulous scrote tries to tell you it doesn’t work and then returns a totally different phone 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Hi guys, thanks for the help so far. I am all rested now so a bit more alert.

I reset the phone via the phone, not plugged into iTunes. Should I plug it into iTunes and do the above?

When I reset the phone last night I got a message that ‘find my phone’ had now been switched off so I presumed it had disassociated itself from my iTunes account

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Sold it to an old friend so no issues with the person

bensales
    Free Member

Here’s what Apple say you should do:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201351

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

That’s great bensales

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP yes Ben’s link is the one. I have always done the rest/setup from scratch as new phone via iTunes but that’s obviously not necessary reading the above.

I have heard of a few hassles with apps like WhatsApp not “forgetting” the old number.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Went home at lunchtime and did what bensales linked. All seems good.

bensales
    Free Member

Happy to help. I think the biggy is iCloud accounts. Without removing that, the phone is just a nice ornament for the next owner.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sold my sons iPhone. Done a rest. Anything else before I hand it over?’ is closed to new replies.