Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sold motorbike time to upgrade to full suss
  • grim168
    Free Member

Hi all, bought a 2010 orange crush on bike to work a while ago and over the past 12 months or so got more into mtb. After only doing 400 miles on my 1050 triumph tiger since last june it had to go. So i have some money to spend and fancy an orange 5. Would i be best selling my bike, trading it in or buying a frame and swapping as much over as poss.
    Cheers, Graham.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Keep the crush and buy another bike. in December I was going to buy an Orange 5 until I weighed up the dismally poor spec for the £ and bought a Cube Stereo Race which for the money blew the Orange Spec out of the water and it rides as every bit as good. I then bought a Niner hardtail for the more XC blasts where full suss is too much, I’m now hooked on 29ers and bought a Gary Fisher Rumblefish 2 for the bouncy stuff so selling the Cube, it’s in for sale section now, looking for about £1750 for it if you’re interested.

Shame you let the Tiger go, great bike!

grim168
    Free Member

Cheers Mick. Your cube would probably be a bit small ( im 6’2″ ) Sad to see tiger go but it was a lot of money sat in garage doing nowt. Still got a drz for knocking about on. Gonna have a good look round as I quite like the look of Lapierres too.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Grim I 6’1″ so it’s borderline, where about you based?

The shop I bought it from in Frodsham are Cube and Lapierre dealers and were great to deal with http://www.twelve50bikes.com

slowrider
    Free Member

orange 5 is a great bike but not for everyone. there are loads of great bikes out there so try a few, everybody wants a bike that can cluimb as well as descend but where the balance point is on that scale can be very different from one rider to the next.

uplink
    Free Member

have a look at those Titus frames @ on-one – bit of a bargain

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITFTMCARRS/titus-ftm-carbon-135mm-trail-suspension-frame

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’d want to be paying drastically less for bankrupt stock! On One have done this as a clever stroke of genius, sell of a load of frames in another company’s name, if they’re shit and troublesome then we honour the warranty, if they’re good we’ll re-brand them as ours and sell shit loads to our loyal fans.

Lack of design inspiration due to lack of designer???

si-wilson
    Free Member

We have a few large Chumba VF2 frames in anodised red with boost valve RP23 that we are selling for £899.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/93388219@N00/5588678864/]008[/url] by srbwilson, on Flickr

slowrider
    Free Member

is that a carbon back end si? thats a good price

rustler
    Free Member

Any Orange 5 riders reading this…
    I looked a new Orange 5 the other day. They seem to have gone really slack these days, (head angle wise). How do they fare as an all-day bike ?

Currently on a Ventana El-Ciclon. Best full-suspension I’ve ridden, but the Orange 5 thing just wont let me go. 😕

Ditto the 29er thing. As a winter ht/ss/short blast ride they are excellent. Nothing like what I’d expected. And if it ever sees tarmac, much better than a 26″. Every man & his dog seems to want a 29er these days, so guess the cat is out of the bag. 🙂

si-wilson
    Free Member

is that a carbon back end si?

Yes, full carbon with alloy dropouts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sold motorbike time to upgrade to full suss’ is closed to new replies.