• This topic has 53 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Sold house, new owners boiler issues, any comeback?
  • DrP

Email saying
    “Sorry, I’m not a plumber/boiler engineer. Here, however, is a number you could call to get some help….[insert local plumber’s number”

DrP

Trekster

ScottChegg – Member
    written into the buying agreement to cover any boiler issues
    Some people will sign any old crap. I’d have told them to get bent. And had a serious word with my Solicitors about hidden clauses in contracts.

It’s sold. It isn’t your problem; your new house is.
    Not hidden,and agreed by seller.

I’d have told them to get bent.

Son was ready to walk away, seller had already dropped price, was also minted!!
    Son had it put in after we had walked into daughters new house to find a bucket under the boiler collecting water from knackered, unrepairable internals.

unovolo
    Free Member

Did you give them a guarantee?

Nope!

Then tell them to go away in short jerky movements.

After 6 months its really not your problem.

johndoh
    Free Member

After 6 months its really not your problem.

After you’ve sold it it isn’t your problem really.

Shall I go back to the people we bought our hose from last July? The drains have just blocked – perhaps I should demand he comes round and fixes them…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Tell the buyer to consult with his surveyor. He/she will be much more at ease telling them to do one than you are. 😛

crankboy
    Free Member

“Dear buyer i am sorry to hear about your problem , i never had any issue like that with the system . i have tried to locate the original installers details but no longer have them. i did pass all the current documents on to you but given the age of the system i doubt there are any in that bundle. What did your surveor say when he advised you about this prior to purchase? i do trust your problem is not too hard for you to fix. “

My suggestion but in reality all as above.

nealglover
    Free Member

Pretty much the reply I would give too.

Polite but firm, and make sure they aren’t left with the illusion that it’s somehow your problem.

“Sorry to hear of the problem with your boiler
    I have had a look for any relevant paperwork but couldn’t find anything helpful to you I’m afraid.

Hope you manage to get things sorted out”

nuke

Why do they have your email anyway? Is that normal now days…moved a few times and I’ve never had contact details of buyers or sellers 😕

nwilko
    Free Member

bin leters, they chose the depth of survey when they bought it.
    not your problem.

johndoh
    Free Member

No survey would check a boiler…

iain1775
    Free Member

Just to clear a few things up, Iwasnt worried about it, Iwas pretty sure it’s their issue now and was happy to ignore them, as It was I replied this morning along the lines of the reply above, have not heard back

mrchrispy

The boiler might have gassed them, best pop round check they are still alive!!!!

grum
    Free Member

The people we sold our house too have had to get all sorts of shit done including a new roof. I sort of feel bad but they had a survey and we didn’t hide anything from them.

Worst thing is they are a lovely couple and were friends of ours (though not exactly close).

Pook

John doh – our survey checked the boiler and recommended a replacement.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Sold house, new owners boiler issues, any comeback?’ is closed to new replies.