Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Sold a bike ,the buyer now wants full refund amonth later.??
  • andybrad

Quite clearly some folks are not that kind.

Having had a similar situation (although not the same) ive been showing someones son how to fix their bike. They have a BSO and its rubbish apparently because it keeps getting flats. They have taken it to halfords numerous times and had a new inner tube fitted. They are fed up and thinking of selling the bike that this kid loves! i mean really loves.

So took it round to mine. Fixed the gears (apparently there wasnt an issue, just that they didnt index properly) showed him how to take a wheel out and fix his wheel and brakes.

He was so chuffed and happy. Hes also started to wear his helmet every time he rides because i do.

If the lady was being un reasonable then give her her money back but maybe just spend an hour showing this kid how to look after his bike regardless. Some folks arnt as fortunate as us and in my mind everyone can come out a winner.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Depends how much you need £200 . For some people £200 is a lot of money to spend on a 2nd hand bike.
    I would offer her a refund and sell it to someone who realises the bikes worth.

letitreign
    Free Member

Sounds like she’s trying it on to get some money back in and it sounds like you have been very reasonable in response to that, so no chance, they bought the bike not blooming hired it!

As a buyer, it’s the buyers responsibility to inspect a second hand bike, then decide if it’s worth the asking price before agreeing to pay for or just say thanks but no thanks. once it leaves the drive way, it’s their bike.

She’s taking the Michael.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stanfree
    Free Member

A wee update , My sons pal took the bike round with his mum today . Not much dialogue when she dropped it off but as Im getting the bike shop to fix it I explained it might be about a week. On inspecting the filthy bike and explaining Id have to clean the bike before taking it down there. It seemed the freehub had gone and when loading the bike onto the rack noticed the front cones need tightened. Took the bike down there and explained the story , The lad has broken the rear hub . The shop will fit an old wheel rather than muck about . Its a lesson learned not to sell to your mates and wont happen again. As my son is 14 and been good pals with the boy since they started school its not worth the hassle telling the mum to GTF.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fair dos.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Stanfree is a good person.

pickle
    Free Member

Hoof her in the slats! that made me spit coffee all over my desk 🙂

weeksy

The lad has broken the rear hub

Hmmmm that may be stretching things slightly. Sure the hub ain’t working, but he’s not had it long, along with the front cones needing sorting, which IMO should have been down to you before sale.

Unless he’s been thoroughly abusing it, i’m not sure either of these are his fault.

chevychase

I’d politely explain to her that bikes require maintenance and that she should look at enrolling her son on the local council bike maintenance course.

You’ve properly gone above and beyond. I’d have shown her a picture of my mates balls after he fell out of a tree and caught his sack on a protruding branch, ripping it wide open and leaving his nuts dangling in the fresh air, with claret all bleeding down his legs.

I guess that’s why I’ve never bothered having kids. Hate the things 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

Its a lesson learned not to sell to your mates and wont happen again

Yep, been there.

stanfree
    Free Member

A wee update for anyone thats interested. I picked up the bike from the LBS who had done a full service and fitted a new back wheel. £97 lighter I dropped the bike off with the boys mum. All smiles and thanks , the lad brought my sons bike back covered in mud.
    A bit pissed of but thinking I may get some good karma a day later I see the bike advertised at £350 in the local FB adds. 😀 The lad has as much chance of getting this as I have of bumping into Margot Robbie down the local woods and getting a wee snog. 😀
    So in essence the unsafe lump of sh**e thatwasnt worth £200 is now worth £350.

alpin
    Free Member

OP….. Are you crazy?

So you’re 100 quid lighter and the buyer is going to make on your good will….

twistedpencil

Holy crap, if that was my lad’s mate I’d be having a word about not taking the piss out of mates.

Sound like a right pair of low quality motherflumpers…

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Have you got any more bikes for sale?

tymbian
    Free Member

Unbelievable…

ajantom

A bit pissed of but thinking I may get some good karma a day later I see the bike advertised at £350 in the local FB adds.

Link to the FB page? I feel some urine needs to be extracted 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

tymbian
    Free Member

Can I msg the seller and ask about warranty?

bruneep

Stanfree will take care of any warranty that is required

martinhutch

Can I msg the seller and ask about warranty?

Just ask if they can recommend anyone local for bike maintenance. 🙂

matt_outandabout

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Link to the FB page? I feel some urine needs to be extracted

Not many Giant AC2’s have been posted for sale at £350 on Facebook today 😉

legend
    Free Member

Must. Not. Enquire.

Poopscoop

Joking aside, and the last couple of posts are very good by the way! 😀 … That’s pretty low of this other woman.

I wouldn’t let it affect the kids friendship but I’d say to my lad “never again”.

For what it’s worth op, I’m like you, try to muddle through life not hurting anyone and believing in karma only to get it thrown in my face occasionally.

That said, most people are actually pretty decent at a fundamental level.

Slightly different scenario but it’s like when you sort a PC out for someone. You run the risk of being free tech support for life! I didn’t mind it too much bitd as I used to enjoy tinkering with PC’s but some people blatantly knew they were taking the mick.

Shame on me for letting them do that, possibly?

I’d sooner be how I am than the opposite however. 🙂

giantalkali
    Free Member

Louis? Or Louise?

bruneep

Tempted to ask what warranty they are offering on the sale of the bike

theboatman
    Free Member

keutom
    Free Member

stanfree@ Update us when you able to sell it. 😀

igm

Stanfree – you haven’t just had a phone call from the bike shop owner telling you about the dangerous crack (other defects are available) in the frame that the Saturday lad forgot to tell you about have you?
    Obviously if she’ll let you have the bike back you’ll make the problem go away…

trademark
    Free Member

Show her this thread then never talk to her again.
    You’ve allowed a bully to take the p!sh but I understand that as it’s for your son’s friendship.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Chav scum in acting like chav scum shocker

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’m totally astounded by your generosity Stanfree.

Giving the bike a once over / clean up for someone when they don’t know what they’re doing, but paying for after sales support just so they can make a profit is on a different level.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’d go and take it back and charge her a rental fee for its use along with a cleaning fee for the loan bike……..

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Dickhea* takes advantage of nice guy (aka mug) shocker.

When will people learn.

martinhutch

Too nice for your own good, Stan.

I would advise keeping yourself and your son away from the revolting fishwife and her family in case he substitutes some of your traits for some of hers.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Sold a bike ,the buyer now wants full refund amonth later.??’ is closed to new replies.