Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • solarstorm x2 interferes with wireless comuter
  • duckers
    Free Member

Anyone else experienced this? Cateye strada stops working as soon as I switch on the light!

scotroutes

It’s a pretty common occurrence and not limited to particular models of computers and lights.

sandwicheater

They are watching you. It’s a sign. RUN!!!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep the EM interference buggers up the wireless signal.
    Either router the wire further away from the head unit, or wrap the cable around a ferrite core.

sandwicheater

Don’t listen to them duckers, scot and bigyinn are working for the man.

scaredypants

<somebody take sandwicheater down before the mission is compromised>

TooTall
    Free Member

Ahhhhh, the first part of the plan is working. The League of Anti-Competitive Cyclists is coming for you. Jamming Strava is next. Mwah hah hah hah

duckers
    Free Member

I’ve just made a tinfoil hat so sandwicheater cant read my thoughts.
    It never used to happen with the old light so it was unexpected – I’ll reroute the cable and light and try again!

motivforz
    Free Member

Mentioned it in this post
    I sent the unit back because of this and other concerns in the end.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

Well bugger me, I never made the connection before now! My computer never works on night rides. My Hope R8 must be the problem… Tinfoil hat and pants on though “just in case”

duckers
    Free Member

Moved the light from the centre near the stem towards the grip and it’s working better but not 100%, going to move if to the opposite side of the bike to the wheel sensor and try it again.

@motivforz, I’ve read and commented on that thread and missed that info, thanks!!

duckers
    Free Member

In case anyone else has the same issue – computer is stem mounted, I routed the cable under the stem so there is some metal between the light cable and computer, and if solved the issue.

duckers
    Free Member

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘solarstorm x2 interferes with wireless comuter’ is closed to new replies.