Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Solarstorm x2 cable connector
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I bought a x2 from ebay mainly just for the headlamp unit as i have a proper non exploding battery. I thought the cable connectors were the same as magicshine but it transpires they are not. Do you think its possible to actually change the connectors around (worse case scenario as i am crap at electronics and soldering)? Does anyone know if an adaptor might be available? The x2 is similar in appeareance but appears to have a thicker pin on the male side.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Solarstorm lamp and a Magicshine battery without issue, its snug but it works

blader1611
    Free Member

I will have to go check again and may be try a bit harder when connecting up.

blader1611
    Free Member

Update: i have got it to fit now, it transpires i was using the wrong battery pack (doh!).
    This sadly though has raised a new issue, where can i get a replacement battery pack for the nitefighter bt21?

vincienup
    Free Member

I had (still do but don’t use) a Magicshine battery and x2. The connectors do fit and do work, but don’t latch. Care recommended; I had the connector come apart on a hairy descent in Guisborough in total dark while not running a helmet light one night. Stopping to scrape the poo from my shorts and reconnect spoiled my flow somewhat… 😆

blader1611
    Free Member

It seems a reasonable fit but i suspect with all the bumping and vibration of a ride i wouldnt be surprised if it worked loose.
    Does anyone know what the size/model of the connector is on magicshine lights so i can source a new battery?

phiiiiil

Mine was okay to start with, but gradually loosened over time until it wasn’t reliable enough to use. I swapped the connector of the light; I wasn’t really sure how to change the connector of the battery without the risk of short circuiting it. It was just a bog standard 2.5mm (or 2.1? Can’t remember… they’re cheap enough, I bought one of each just in case) DC plug from maplin.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Solarstorm x2 cable connector’ is closed to new replies.