• This topic has 44 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hock.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Solaris yet anyone…?
  • takisawa2

Anyone got one yet ?
    Be nice to see a pic of one in a different colour than that blue one that we keep seeing.
    Shipping around now they said… 😉

rexated
    Free Member

It would be nice if Jenn of this parish could post some of her ride impressions of that rather nice green one that was on the front page a while back. But I suppose that stw need to something journo related with it….rather than she posts it on this forum and we criticise her tyre-logo alignment, cable-length, crazy-paving, weeding/grass cutting etc…. pity though 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

Website says due to land this week and ship next….

TheBrick
    Free Member

vdubber67
    Free Member

If they come in the green that the prototype version that I saw came in, then it’s a lovely colour!

munded

They landed:

http://www.cotic.co.uk/news/
    There’s a pic of some boxes too, no Orange picture yet.

honourablegeorge

Not really a fan of the blue, or the orange, or the HUGE seat tube.

Have an eye on the new Simple though – hopefully it’ll come in colours other than magnolia or whatever’s on the site right now.

honourablegeorge

Oh man… seems that it does. And in “no dear, that’s the roadrat that’s been in the shed all along” black.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

That’s not very hobourable of you Goerge.

cy

First ones will be with shops and some customers tomorrow, the rest will arrive Monday. I’ve got the medium orange demo bike in the stand so I’ll pop some pics up when I shoved some wheels on it.

JamesD
    Free Member

🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Theres going to be a fair few people who don’t get that Brick…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’d love a new simple in that colour ^

MarkN
    Free Member

I am old enough to know the brick.

oldnpastit

Amazing bits of kit when they first came out. Talk about fast!

And they had those amazing optical mice as well.

Although I suppose strictly speaking, the early ones weren’t actually Solaris but had SunOS.

Trampus
    Free Member

Happy days! 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

Prefer magnums (2 minis) meself BBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRP.

JamesD
    Free Member

From the Cotic Twitter page:

Cotic News @CoticLtd
    Quick n dirty medium orange Solaris demo bike pic. Sorry for cameraphone quality. Will get a better one soon:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

bigsi
    Free Member

Anyone able to confirm the weight of the XL Solaris frame for me please?

kelvin

I’m guessing JamesD has XL frames there…

kelvin

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Damn beat me to it Kelvin.
    Fine book.

hock

bullheart
    Free Member

takisawa2

At some point we’ll have all the images Google throws up for “Solaris”.

🙂

Someone must have built one by now…

bigrich

i’m bouncing off the walls waiting for my soul to get to Australia.

cy

I’ve not weighed an XL yet, but Post Office scales weight of the large is 4.9lb, so the XL will be a touch over 5lb based on having a bit more tubing all over. The sizes/wall thickness don’t change large to XL so it won’t be much.

TBH I was aiming for a little lighter than that. The prototype had a smaller, lighter top tube and head tube and came in around 4.6lb, but the top tube wasn’t stiff enough for my liking and I wanted the zero stack top cup (and matching 44mm all the way through head tube) to keep the bars down to ensure good handling potential, so had to creep the weight up to make the ride spot on. Was worth it though, the 2nd prototype in the production layout was way nicer to ride than the first proto, and I’d really like the first proto!

bol

I should have my XL built up this afternoon with a bit of luck. Will post pics as soon as I can get it somewhere vaguely photogenic.

metalheart
    Free Member

Somebody (Sam111) has posted up a link to theirs on Pinkbike on bol’s thread over there >>>>> (mtbr)

hock

Somebody (Sam111) has posted up a link to theirs on Pinkbike on bol’s thread over there >>>>> (mtbr)

Link to Solaris pics on pinkbike.com

Beautiful pictures of a stunning bike.
    Like it even more now!

tang
    Free Member

Fair bit of stem on that one.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yup, that is a lovely looking bike for sure.

No, the stem (nor the bars) are not to my taste but then I’m not the one riding it. If that’s how he likes/wants it that’s up to him…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m gagging waiting for my headset and bars to turn up. I should have taken up Paul’s headset offer – it would have been built by now.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Not singlespeedable? 🙁

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

mine will be.

hock

Not singlespeedable?

if it’s not singlespeedable enough for you there’s always the Cotic Simple !?

if I read the mtbr thread correctly it will get a shorter stem and wider bars.

bigsi
    Free Member

bol – I’d best fire up my paypal account then i guess 😉

Cheers for the info Cy. Defiantly an itch I think will get scratched before the end of the year. Now, who wants to buy a 2 year old Banshee Paradox frame off of me 😯

bonzodog
    Free Member

if it’s not singlespeedable enough for you there’s always the Cotic Simple !?

Well Ill be buggered! I always thought the simple was a 26er. No attention to detail me 😳

boxelder

That pic on pinkbike is just down the road – St Bees I think – lovely day yesterday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Solaris yet anyone…?’ is closed to new replies.