• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pnik.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Solaris mk1 rigid fork options
  • NormalMan

So any mk1 Solaris owners have (or have had) rigid forks?

If so, any recommendations. I’ve had a few issues with my suspension fork so thinking of some rigid forks to keep me riding and as a good winter option perhaps.

Thanks.

otsdr
    Free Member

On-One monocoque tapered carbon , used it for a year and now it sits as a spare for when I service the main fork.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve got the Travers Prong carbon forks. Took a little while to get used to, fitting B+ wheels/tyres helped but now I’m fine with standard 29er tyres.

NormalMan

Thanks chaps.

Should have said, ideally able to still use my thru axle(15mm).

letmetalktomark

I used a Salsa Cromoto with a 15mm axle – I used the same fork on my Sherpa too.

That said if I was buying new again I would probably look at the Travers fork or the Kinesis one as they are a fair chunk lighter.

otsdr
    Free Member

I used a DT9mm through axle, ease to take off together with the adapters (Hope Pro 2).

Also, the default answer to “15mm carbon fork” used to be Niner RDO.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Travers uses a 15mm through axle so no problems there.

Edit: the Prongs were on sale when I got them so not *quite* so hard on the wallet 🙄

NormalMan

Can’t see the Travers forks in stock.

But now lusting after a Travers frame. Oh dear….

I’ve seen Salsa do a cromoto grande but again no stock from my quick Google search.

On One are in stock and a great price. But it means buying from On One.

swanny853

I’ve used the kinesis and some krampus forks, both were fine and did largely what you’d expect.

Found the kinesis held a line very nicely but appear to have a worrying amount of fore/aft flex if you look down at them when braking hard! Never actually bothered me in practice though.

pnik

On my inbred ive got a hylix or some such carbon jobbie with a qr, bought a 15mm to QR nukeproof axle from crc, seems to do the job and allows more choice of forks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Solaris mk1 rigid fork options’ is closed to new replies.