Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Solar Storm light for running headtorch
  • scruff9252

I bought a solar storm torch off ebay recently and I want to use it for night time trail running.

Simple enough idea but the torch did not come with a headband. I’ve contemplated fixing it to the peak of a cap but not sure if the weight of the light would work on a cap.

Any bright ideas? I don’t want a permanent fix as use the light on the bike too.

scruff9252

Oooookay then Toni. Not quite what I was after, thanks anyway.

CountZero

What does the torch look like? Size and shape dictates how you might be able to fix it up.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also, who is Toni?

MSP

Considered carrying it in your hand?

I have come to dislike having a headtorch as my only source of light in winter, any mist, rain or snow creates a white out in front of your face, and having the light close to your eye line exasperates the “trail feature flattening” effect of a single source of light.

CountZero

Scruff’s invisible friend? 😉

CountZero

I’m pretty sure that trying to run while carrying a torch would become pretty tiresome, with the light waving around all over the place. It’s bad enough walking with a torch and trying to keep it steady!
    If the OP’s torch is a AA size, roughly Mini-Mag size, then this might be just the thing: http://www.snssafety.co.uk/product_info.php/headband-for-torch-1341012-p-124870?gclid=CMPtoNWg2sICFeLItAodHSAAcg&osCsid=1cb5e0eed0ac4e4e624d1b0d91185284
    Basically a Nite-Ize copy.

dobo
    Free Member

what msp said, however a headlight come in useful for negotiating obstacles if your training includes that.

scruff9252

Whatdaya mean “who is Toni?” He is the first person to have responded, he always is with his cheek & abuse. You can see that post right? Right? It’s not just me?

*I’m not actually crazy, Toni was a spammer selling me solar panels, but his post has subsequently been deleted leaving me to look a bit daft.

scruff9252

I’ve rigged up a head strap from an unused go pro mount in a plan so cunning and ingenuous it defies belief. About to go out for a run, will report back in an hour or so.

CountZero

spammer selling me solar panels, but his post has subsequently been deleted leaving me to look a bit daft.

Yup, ‘invisible friend’… 😉

breadcrumb

I might have a head band kicking about from a different Chinese light you can have for postage?

scruff9252

That is exceptionally kind offer Breadcrumb, however my gopro mount and strap has worked wonders after a quick 8km trail run this evening. It should also be usable on the bike too. 😀

breadcrumb

No problem, I have a couple kicking about somewhere that I don’t use. Glad you’ve found a solution. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Solar Storm light for running headtorch’ is closed to new replies.