Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Solar powered shed light
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Hi,
    Can any body recommend a solar shed light.
    It’s for a tower playhouse not a shed. Our son likes to sit and read his books but I noticed today that its not bright enough in the late afternoon.. It’s not to be to bright or mega expensive.
    Thanks

T1000
    Free Member

There’s a good article on bbc news site about using a plastic bottle full of water bonded through a hole in the roof to refract light into the space below its v impressive

richmars

I can’t say what make it is, but the one I have is rubbish.

martinh
    Free Member

Ditto

WillH

I just bought one of these off ebay: Click

Seems to work ok so far, plenty of light output, can adjust the light level at which it comes on, the sensitivity and the duration of the light when on sensor mode (PIR), or can be just switched on-off like a standard light.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

T1000 – Member
    There’s a good article on bbc news site about using a plastic bottle full of water bonded through a hole in the roof to refract light into the space below its v impressive

Sounds like something my organic, chemical hating wife would love to try :)But would that work when its overcast outside. I have painted the walls inside white to help.

I just bought one of these off ebay: Click

Seems to work ok so far, plenty of light output, can adjust the light level at which it comes on, the sensitivity and the duration of the light when on sensor mode (PIR), or can be just switched on-off like a standard light.
    Do you use that for internal light? Price seems ok but maybe to much light. Its only 6×5 foot in size.

F&r by Alpine160[/url

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t mess with solar. Small 12v battery, spare switch and a 12v led bulb or led strip. Very simple and just works.

T1000
    Free Member

if its overcast then it won’t be enough to read by but it will help

here’s the article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23536914

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wind up lantern would be best surely?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

What a brilliant idea for a cheap light 🙂
    Wife wouldn`t like the bleach in the water though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Solar powered shed light’ is closed to new replies.