Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Solar panel payback on this year's FITs?
  • cheers_drive

What sort of FIT payments are people getting from system that were installed this year? How does in compare to what you were told it would be?
    I know that the FIT has gone down a lot but with rising energy prices I’m looking at getting some panels on the roof. I will be financing it through a 5 year low interest loan. According to the figures on an installers website during the loan I shall be paying out about £20 a month but after that I shall be getting about £50 if the figures are correct.
    The panels would be split between a SE and SW facing roof in East Anglia so sunshine hours are some of the highest in the UK.

wonnyj
    Free Member

On domestic sized roofs you should be paying £1,600 to £1,800 / kW installed. If you do that and use a good quality, respected installer, you will still get a good return from an unshaded south facing roof.

BlobOnAStick

I wouldn’t be doing it on finance.

I had my 2.25kW system installed on Sept 21st. By Nov 12th (52 days) it had earned £55; that’s £32 FIT payment, £5 for leccy sold to the grid and £18 of leccy use ‘avoided’ (assuming I’ve used/sold 50% of the leccy).

Bearing in mind that this is during Autumn and therefore dwindling daylight I’m confident that this is on-target for the estimate I was given for an annual generation figure. In fact the evidence points to the system being able to exceed the estimate by around 10% if it’s a good year.

Can’t imagine getting £50 a month – that’s a lot of generating going on!

cheers_drive

Their actual calcs state £900pa in savings+FIT+export based on a 4kw setup but this assume you use 75% where as actually it’s likely to be 50% or less.

takisawa2

4kw…must be a big roof…

BlobOnAStick

Christ! £900 per annum PLUS FIT!!!!!!

I think that is probably a bit optimistic……..

My system is forecast to do 2000kW per annum, equating to 490 per year TOTAL.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Solar panel payback on this year's FITs?’ is closed to new replies.