Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Solar Charger for Laptop & Mobiles
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Been looking at portable solar chargers which seem to either be capable of charging phones or 12V ones that top up car batteries.

I’m ideally looking for something that will charge a laptop and also mobiles whilst travelling. Size is not desperately important as long as it fits in the car. Any recommendations appreciated ?

I may be looking at this from the wrong angle, is there a way of charging the laptop from the car battery and then topping up this with a solar panel. Will be camping and don’t really want to be running the engine to recharge the battery.

matt_outandabout

our chargers work with engine off – and the amount of energy a laptop or phone uses should be fairly insignificant compared to a car engine…

(I may stand corrected!)

Unplug for the week?

skids
    Free Member

The power a laptop draws is never going to be replaced by one of those solar trickle chargers, I wouldn’t use a laptop plugged into the car when the engine is switched off for any period of time. You could get a second battery for your laptop

nickjb
    Free Member

Get a lower power laptop or a tablet. Much better for travelling. Car charger should easily do the job then. Phone should be fine to charge from the car for several weeks, too. Solar isn’t the way to go IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Solar Charger for Laptop & Mobiles’ is closed to new replies.