Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Soil Stack Question
  • eskay

I have spent most of the day removing a bath and fitting a new one. The bath never drained particularly well and I have discovered that is because the drop on the waste pipe is nonexistent.

If I increase the drop on the waste pipe, the bath outlet will enter the soil stack just underneath the toilet pipe. Is this acceptable? Is there a minimum distance that they have to be apart?

nickjb
    Free Member

If they are on opposed sides then 200mm. On the same side you can do what you like although in reality you’ll need some gap for the plumbing fittings. Part H of the building regs if you fancy a read

bearnecessities

I am not an expert, but my bath goes into a different stack than the poop.

That could be though because my plumber was a cock.

project
    Free Member

Build a plinth for the bath to sit on, much easier to get at the waste pipe then,dont forget to allow for a step unles youre quite tall, and looks cool as well.

it also gives you a bigger slope for the waste, so bath empties faster.

eskay

nickjb – Member

If they are on opposed sides then 200mm. On the same side you can do what you like although in reality you’ll need some gap for the plumbing fittings. Part H of the building regs if you fancy a read

They would join the stack at 90 degrees to each other.

project – Member

Build a plinth for the bath to sit on, much easier to get at the waste pipe then,dont forget to allow for a step unles youre quite tall, and looks cool as well.

it also gives you a bigger slope for the waste, so bath empties faster.

If it was a conventional bath then I would have put a plinth under the bath panel and raised the bath 50mm. It is an ‘L’ shaped shower bath though (we have a very small bathroom so have to have the shower over the bath). The bath panel would be difficult (although not impossible) to put a plinth underneath.

nickjb
    Free Member

90 degrees would be unopposed so it can go wherever. The rule is to stop cross contamination.

eskay

Cheers Nick, I have just been reading Part H of the building regs (thanks for the pointer, dry reading!!!). That should make the job much easier. I thought I had to drop it down 200mm which would have been a right pain!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Soil Stack Question’ is closed to new replies.