Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • So…I just asked a chap if he realised why there were zig-zags…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…painted on the road, underneath where he’d parked his car…about twenty yards from a pedestrian crossing. (in as unconfrontational a manner as is possible when asking such a question).

Prizes for guessing his answer. 🙂

(I’m still giggling at it myself.)

Stoner
    Free Member

“Waiting zone”?

Jamie
    Free Member

Toblerone Zone?

andytherocketeer

diagonal parking bays

ski
    Free Member

Can we have a bit of a clue?

Was it a physical or verbal reply?

wrightyson
    Free Member

You are posting from a and e and I win five pounds?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You are posting from a and e and I win five pounds?

No, it was all pretty amicable 🙂 Until he said “Anyway, how is this bovvering your day mate?”

“mate” was in a tone where you really aren’t his mate, at which point I thought better of it. I didn’t fancy being bitten like Molly was earlier in the week. 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

“Who made you a fudging copper then?”

kcal

“I’ll just be a minute” with parking flashers switched on?

somouk
    Free Member

I vote ‘But I have my hazards on’.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

“I’ll just be a minute” with parking flashers switched on?

That was my next guess.

Reminds me of an X5 that pulled onto a wide pavement in the middle of Tring in front of me and a mate and, after putting his special ‘park anywhere’ flashing lights on, went to the bank to get some money out.

I was just relieved that he was making everyone aware of his behemoth lump in the middle of the pavement.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Most of you are pretty close. His exact words were: “So I can park there for five minutes while I go to the Post Office.” 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

And, pray tell, how was it indeed “bothering your day”? 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Near a school or shop was it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And, pray tell, how was it indeed “bothering your day”?

I was about to use the pedestrian crossing DebZ with dog & buggy in tow.

nbt

does it matter? it was near a pedestrian crossing. The zig zag lines are there for a reason, not becuase the council has too much paint and needs to get rid of it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Take a pic and send it to the rozzers.

….and here.

DezB
    Free Member

Take a pic and send it to the rozzers.

….and here.

Crikey, I could fill that everyday with pics from our office car park!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought of You Park Like A **** too.

Before I’d popped in for a coffee, this Van was parked there…and was just moving as I was leaving…to be replaced by the car whose driver I had the amicable exchange with.

I swear this happens every flipping day at this PC. The Bristol Textile Recyclers van parking was a proper effort though. Note, the van behind is also on the ZZs. 😆

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

let his tyres down…

ton

sometimes, life really is just far too short……… 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sometimes, life really is just far too short………

I know ton, I should have just given him some fist pie and been done with it.

……………………………….. 😉

ton

sometimes I just mind my own business……. 😯

Tracey

Theres a pub just outside Rotherham at Greasbroughthats near a crossing

I have to pass it most Friday and Saturday nights and there are always taxis parked on the lines and crossing, sometimes in both directions at the same time dropping off and waiting to pick up. Ive started to wind the window down to ask them why. Usual reply is that they are exempt, I think they actually believe it.
    Not sure but I think its an offence to go round them whilst they are stood.

miketually
    Free Member

There’s a crossing near us which has the zig zags, followed by a short length of double yellow next to it. I can’t remember the last time I walked past and there wasn’t someone parked on the zig zags or double yellow.

It’s outside a shop.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sometimes I just mind my own business…….

I was minding my own business ton. My business at that moment being to cross the road at a spot where it’s safe to do as long as everybody respects that there are zigzags either side of a pedestrian crossing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s outside a shop.

Yeah, same for this one. Shop just down on the left after the van. And a PO across the road. On the RHS of the pic, you can see a bus about to try and get round the van. I reckon, the passenger entrance of the bus is over the PC…that’s how close the van is.

The van driver wasn’t the one I had a chat with btw. He looked a bit like he’d give me a bit of fist pie. So I just posted the photo on his company’s FB page and twitter account. I’m brave like that, see. 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Thought he would have used a version of the cyclist on a footpath response. “No parking on the zig zags? I know silly isn’t it?”

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought everyone knew that double yellows and zig-zags didn’t apply if you were “just nipping to the shop” or maybe going to the cash point.

footflaps

If you’re happy to have a word, good for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Just wait till you see the carnage that awaits you at school.

bigyinn
    Free Member

nbt – Member

bigyinn muttered bleakly » Near a school or shop was it?

does it matter? it was near a pedestrian crossing. The zig zag lines are there for a reason, not becuase the council has too much paint and needs to get rid of it.
    Not sure why you’re having a pop, Im not suggesting its acceptable wherever the crossing is located, but its most common where people cant be bothered to walk as “its only for a minute” and “its not doing any harm”.
    If im going to use a crossing I’d prefer it if the oncoming traffic could see me first.

muppetWrangler – Member

Thought he would have used a version of the cyclist on a footpath response. “No parking on the zig zags? I know silly isn’t it?”
    Why? Riding on a footpath doesn’t generally put anyone at additional risk of being injured. Parking on the z’s potentially can.

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure walkers are at more risk from a cycle on a footpath than from none being there…how large it is we can debate but it is clearly an additional risk.

To be clear cars are the big danger I am not disagreeing

SammyC
    Free Member

Was that in Bristol DD? Looks like Brislington.

binners

He should have just put his hazard lights on. Apparently this renders you invisible

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How disappointing, I thought this was going to be a Strava thread!!!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just wait till you see the carnage that awaits you at school.

I take photos of cars parked on the zigzags outside my daughters school and send them to the head teacher as they supposedly forward the information to the authorities. I am pretty sure some parents think that their kids legs will fall off if they have to walk.

smogmonster

I think theyre all out today. Ive just driven home past a pair of old duffers in their Volvo estate..with the boot tailgate wide open, on the motorway. Utterly oblivious to the numerous people trying to tell them their boot is open.

ton

I have just had to park over the road from the chippy, and walk over cos some numpty was parked where I usually park…… 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was that in Bristol DD? Looks like Brislington.

Yep.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘So…I just asked a chap if he realised why there were zig-zags…’ is closed to new replies.