Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • So…I bought one of those Worx Hydroshot washers…
  • DrP

And it’s ruddy brilliant!

I got mine from amazon for £120 – comes with the brush and soap bottle..

I’ve got a mains powered pressure washer for big jobs, but it’s a bit of a faff to get out, and of course isn’t portable.
    I’ve also got a 12v dirtworker – it’s a good idea, but is so weak it dowsn’t really shift dirt off a slightly muddy bike!

THought I’d give the Hydroshot a punt….
    Only played about for a bit this evening, dropping the included hose into a 5L bottle of water, and used it to clean the alloys on the Octy..

It’s great – actually really quite powerful! Seems well build, and the ‘click’ of the nozzle when choosing the spray patterns is reassuring!
    I managed to pre wet, apply the wheel cleaner, and then spray all the alloys down, with about 1L to spare!
    Plus, it managed to shift all the brake dust with ease.

It’s NOT as powerful as the mains pressure washer, but for car cleaning, AND… bike cleaning from the boot of the care, it’s great!!

I’ve just ordered a £7 25L plastic jerry can for the boot of the car when going away/to races etc!

Plus, I like the fact I can jsut drop the hose into our rain water butts/buckets and water the garden 🙂

I was initially a bit hesitant, but fair to say, i’M impressed!

DrP

johnw1984
    Free Member

Sounds good! I may well end up with one of these next year. My Mobi has recently died so I’ve bought one of those hand pump things for now.

See how that goes, but these have been on my radar for a while. Need a demo vid of you cleaning your bike now 🙂

Tracey

We have had one for most of the year. It’s stays in the camper and has been worth every penny in keeping the bikes clean. Got an Aldi folding bucket so everything tucks away into a small space at the back of the van. Dropped the pipe into rivers and streams in the Alps for an endless supply of water.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Tracey, is that an offer to demo wash my bike for me the next time me and Nic see you? 🙂

rone

Yep it’s a nice blend of convenience and practically.

I’ve got the fast charger and extra battery.

Did a fairly big thread on it a while back. Not quite as good as my cleanbyair but that’s a been a bit of a pain.

But much more useful than a standard mains jetwash.

Tracey

Dont you think I have enough bikes to wash. Abigale came back for the holidays with a very grubby one for me to tackle which is once again gleaming. She has also been and collected her bike for next year’s events and is hoping to get out on it before she goes back to Uni so I will have that to fettle.

jes
    Free Member

Good to hear, I’ve looking at one of these for a while 🙂

jes
    Free Member

Many Thanks 🙂

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ll let you off with that. Probably a good job you had an “Alps supply” of water to get through all those 🙂

It was the last thread that piqued my interest in them, but the Mobi was still going strong then!

Tracey

Argos are also selling the drill at £19.99 without the battery so have got one of those in the van

scaredypants

Plus, I like the fact I can jsut drop the hose into our rain water butts/buckets and water the garden

presumably it has a filter on it to avoid dragging a load of silt through the pump?

Tracey

Yes, filter on the pipe end and a float to stop it sinking to the bottom.

batman11
    Free Member

One here to also managed to get a 20lt container of eBay for about £15 from memory for two of them so can usually do a couple of bikes with one of them.

onandon
    Free Member

I picked one up yesterday and gave it a test this afternoon.

More powerful than I expected. Weirdly the stubby lance was more powerful than the long.
    Well built, nice design and great to use when you screw in a 2l coke bottle.

DrP

Oh yeah, for a fiver I got the pop bottle adaptor too..
    Needs to be an ‘add on’ item on Amazon..

DrP

DrP

Tracey..cheers; just ordered the drill (£24posted) as I’ve a nice Bosch hammer/drill/driver, but my second drill (it’s really useful having 2 when doing DIY jobs – one drill, one driver) has 2 dead batteries…

I MIGHT order the WORX strimmer from Argos – £99 with two 2.0aH 20v batteries, another charger (not sure if fast or not) and of course, the strimmer…
    The batteries are £40 on their own, so it’s a bit of a bargain….

DrP

leffeboy

Is it noisy and can you turn the pressure all the way down to a shower type setting?

onandon
    Free Member

Not noisy at all and there are two settings. Low is pretty low and lower still depending on the spray pattern you use.

Rio

The batteries are £40 on their own, so it’s a bit of a bargain….

It’s a slippery slope. By buying the tools for the batteries when they’re cheap I’ve ended up with 9 batteries and 5 chargers, plus all sorts of tools.

Is it noisy and can you turn the pressure all the way down to a shower type setting?

They’re not pressure-washer noisy, and you can select a shower type spray by rotating the nozzle to the “flower watering” setting.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Love mine
    But its now broken

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I’ve had one 12 months now .well built plenty of power but they are noisy .not a problem in the day but when your on a night ride in winter when you need it most it’s noticeably very loud.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Damn this thread – one “slipped” into my Amazon basket and is arriving tomorrow…….

Wonder if my wife will notice if I wrap it and put it under the tree??

A

leffeboy

Mm noisy/not noisy – confused but the flower watering setting sounds like what I’m looking for. Might be a good excuse for another toy

timidwheeler

Anyone ever use one as a shower? Would that be an option. I’m considering getting one to clean the bikes and I’m wondering if I put hot water in after, if I can use it to wash my hair?

rsvktm

Well that was an impulse Christmas present for both of us, wife picked one up from Argos today thanks to this thread. We don’t normally spend much at all on Christmas for us but this will be great away in the camper for the bikes. Thanks for the heads up 🙂

mandog

How does this compare to the Nomad pressure washer?

medoramas
    Free Member

I’m considering getting one to clean the bikes and I’m wondering if I put hot water in after, if I can use it to wash my hair?

If you need to pressure wash your hair… 😆

But to be serious: the “watering” setting would be very good for this, but it would be quite awkward to actually do it – the unit, even without the extender, is quite chunky (think AK47 8) ) and it requires 2 fingers to start it (there is a simple lock mechanism).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Useful to know. I was wondering if I attached a bottle of warm water, if I could use it to wasp my boots and the dogs feet after a walk without damaging anything

timidwheeler

But to be serious: the “watering” setting would be very good for this, but it would be quite awkward to actually do it – the unit, even without the extender, is quite chunky (think AK47 ) and it requires 2 fingers to start it (there is a simple lock mechanism).

I was thinking of mocking up some sort of holder and a curtain to the back doors of our campervan.

rene59
    Free Member

I don’t think there would be any advantage in using it as a shower in its low setting or watering setting over something like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEA-SUMMIT-Pocket-Shower-Camping/dp/B01CGOQMZ4

timidwheeler

I grant that the above is a better shower but we’re limited in space so having a bike/window/van/solar panel/Timidwheeler washer would save a lot of space.

onandon
    Free Member

Because of the quick detach conn3ction I’m sure you could get a shower head to fit.

km79
    Free Member

You could always fit the brush head and have someone give you a good scrubbing.

timidwheeler

Fanku. I’ll PM you my location as required. Bring your softest brush. I’m sensitive.

DrP

I are confoosed..
    Do you want a video of me cleaning my bikes, or me showing??!!

Anyway… I was genuinely going to use it as s shower also…the ard rock showers were so bad, I’d rather a buddy hose me down with this thing tbh!!
    I reckon is a two man job, but a bucket, hot water, and jazz music, and you’re sorted!!

(Strimmer and drill arrived…!!)

DrP

teamslug
    Free Member

Sounds good. If any of you folks need a 25 litre plastic barrel to use with this I’ve got loads of empty ones at work. If you can collect from Barnsley or Wakefield I’d be happy to get rid!!. ps not good for drinking water.

rone

Fast charger is well worth it. 1 hour v 5h.

Can get it in a cheapish package on eBay.

Onzadog
    Free Member

We must be buying too many of them, the bastards have just put the price up.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I wonder how many people rinse trail side before leaving and then wash again properly when get home as well? I had the aqua2go before because I lived in a flat but sold it as soon as I moved into a house. Whenever I finish a ride I start to cool down so quickly I just want to throw the bike inside or on the roof and get changed. Equally once I get home I want a shower and to stay warm. Does look a good gadget though and I love a gadget!

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    We must be buying too many of them, the bastards have just put the price up

Amazon? Yep – just gone up by £15

Grumpy here – was supposed to be here today, now saying tomorrow! (Plus side amazon have just given me 2 months free Prime as an apology when I called and asked why!)

A

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So…I bought one of those Worx Hydroshot washers…’ is closed to new replies.