Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Soggy Bottom, round 2.
  • chives
    Free Member

Anyone else racing at Newnham Park tomorrow?

I realise I may be running foul of the trade descriptions act in using the term ‘racing’ to describe what it is that I do, but I’ll be somewhere toward the back of the pack on a white Soul, trying not to slide off into the scenery on every corner! They’ve given heavy rain tonight, and rain tomorrow; should make fording the brook interesting.. 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

currently pissing down here in Plympton…enjoy tomorrow!

drifting_james
    Free Member

Well I wasn’t. But you have got me thinking.
    Unfortunately I have to deliver my little boy to a party in the afternoon. So I would have to enter the ‘fun race’

chives
    Free Member

I’ll bring me snorkel, and leave the flats on – probably easier than SPD’s with the flippers!

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I’ll be there, decided not ride my SS this time, same course as round 1 don’t fancy running up the clif climb in the wet 🙁

The wind in Exeter sounds like its trying rip our chimneys off, hope its not overly evil tomorrow.

drifting_james
    Free Member

Weather sounds like it is settling down now 😆
    I’ll be there for a morning run. I’ve even put on some mud tyres – just in case.

Flats sound like a good idea.

walla24
    Free Member

That was fun 😀

Where will photos and results be posted please?

chives
    Free Member

The results were posted in the portacabin yesterday – but they’ll be online too I should think, probably via the XC racer website.

Not sure if Mark Minton was videoing it, but there may be pics by Snapper Chick and the like?

Muddy ole day eh? I managed 22nd (of 32) in the vets category, which is about par for the course with me! Note to self – buy some decent mud tyres, ‘coz Racing Ralphs really didn’t inspire much confidence! Just need to clean the bike now.. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Soggy Bottom, round 2.’ is closed to new replies.