Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Software for image/clone of HD's
  • Mounty_73

Can anyone suggest some free software to create an image of an hard drive please?

krixmeister

Wrong forum. Anyway – Mac or PC? If Mac, suggest you use Carbon Copy Cloner. It has a 30 day free trial. I can’t help if PC, but I’m sure others here can.

Mounty_73

Yes, sorry, I noticed it was in the wrong forum just as I pressed submit.

PC 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

did mine with norton ghost, moved the boot drive to a solid state, the trickiest problem was getting the drive letter set afterwards (sorry just read your request properly and the free part 😳 )

jointhedotz
    Free Member
    leffeboy

Some of the hard drive manufacturers seem to have them e.g. Samsung, but they are only when cloning to their drives.

craig24
    Free Member

We use the techniicans version of this at work, can’t fault it really. Almost as good as Acronis.

sparkov
    Free Member

Clonezilla.

deadkenny
    Free Member

This does the job for me on Windows, and isn’t full of adware or bloated. Uses Volume Shadow Copy so it can copy while the system is in use, or there are live CD options. https://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Or down and dirty, boot a Linux live CD and use ‘dd’ command and that should be able to copy any partition format.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have used both of these on a Mac – I believe they work on Windows too. Free trails

Carbon Copy Cloner
    Super Duper

Bimbler
    Free Member

Swapped out my spinner for an SSD, the Samsung one that comes with the SSD device is simple as.

canopy
    Free Member

For Windows we have been using various versions of Acronis for many years

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Software for image/clone of HD's’ is closed to new replies.