Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Softshell jackets
  • Mounty_73

Softshell jackets, are the any good ?

Never had one but I am looking at getting one as some of my winter kit is looking very worn out, got a budget of approx £100…

br
    Free Member

I've had an Endura Stealth jacket for a couple of winters now, absolute top piece of kit – recommend.

Mounty_73

I like the Endura kit and I have lots of it…is the 'stealth' really worth that kinda money ?

j_me
    Free Member

Might want to check out some paramo kit. Probably not the trendiest of gear but will last for ages.

Mounty_73

Its always function over fashion with me.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Gore Phantom II can be had cheaper than £100.

br
    Free Member

The Stealth is worth it IMO

No matter how wet/cold, just the Stealth and a long sleeved base layer is all you'll need.

And the Phantoms are not waterproof, more shower proof – I have one of these also – a great piece of kit but you need a waterpoof as well if it chucks it down.

devs
    Free Member

I got an adidas gore windstopper off ebay and it rocks.

Surfr
    Free Member

I've got a Paramo Velez Adventure smock and I wore it last winter for MTB but really it was far too hot. I was looking at getting an Endura Stealth for commuting, road and MTB this year. I thought it would be cooler than the Paramo.

belgianbob

Rab Vapour Rise top here; Admittedly it's not a biking top, but it is long enough in the body and in the arms for biking, cut slim so it doesn't flap about and breathes very well. Has a proper hood too, which makes it useful for Scottish Winter biking IMO.

Too warm for just casual or spring/autumn use though.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I'm very impressed with my new one, so far. Got it off ebay for £44, then discovered it was a £239 jacket, state of the art materials and not due for launch until October and it's completely genuine with all the tags and hologram, got caught in a heavy shower and the water just sheds off, am I sounding smug?. :mrgreen:

belgianbob

Yes, you are. Is it a Rapha softshell, by any chance?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

No This TNF Kishtwar not what I would choose as a fashion jacket, but I've bought it to do some actual proper mountaineering type stuff in the Swiss alps in sept.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

1000+ Endura Stealth second season for me best item I have ever purchased even better than the bike. Worth every penny has zips everywear so you can also use in summer which I do with just a vext underneath, In winter 1 base layer max (Surrey Hills usual start 7am).

belgianbob

No This TNF Kishtwar not what I would choose as a fashion jacket,

Very nice jacket, and you've earned the right to be smug if it cost you less than fifty quid. Result!

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Endura Stealth here too. 1st class

stugus
    Free Member

Rab vapour rise smock is my soft shell of the moment, perhaps more suited to the colder months though.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive got the gore oxygen softshell which i like

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Softshell jackets’ is closed to new replies.