Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • soft drink hangovers
  • voodoo-kid
    Free Member

After not posting owt for nigh on a year or more, I thought i’d canvass opinion amongst the collective brain that is the ST forum…

I went out on a stag-do the other night and, as i was driving, only had one beer early in the evening but had three or so cokes the rest of the night. The next day i had what felt like a stinker of a hang-over. No my drinks were not spiked. My missus has noticed similar, as has a tee-total work mate. What’s going on? One though i had was that my body might have produced a shed load of insulin whilst sleeping to counteract all the sugary pop and that is why i felt rough the next day. Any ideas folks?

Mark

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s going on?

You possibly had a migraine.

falkirk-mark

Loaded with Caffeine, probably had a restless sleep

voodoo-kid
    Free Member

Wasn’t a migraine as i tend not to get them and i had the other symptoms of a hang-over. Could have been the caffeine (and and sugar) as i did have a bit of a restless night. Wasn’t a great feeling though. I think i’ll do as the wife does and drink J2O when i’m on driving duty.

Spin
    Free Member

It’s possible that you’re just a soft lad. 😉

voodoo-kid
    Free Member

Mebbe. 🙂

hmanchester
    Free Member

I’m teetotal and notice the same thing.

Combo of high sugar and caffeine drinks causing a massive crash and poor quality sleep imo. Water with a squeeze of lime or slimline tonic if you want to avoid constant why aren’t you drinking questions!

I think a lot of alcohol hangovers have this element to them. If/when I drink again it will probably be along the lines of a NorCal margarita

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘soft drink hangovers’ is closed to new replies.