Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Soecialized SX trail or Trek Liquid 55?
  • undapressure
    Free Member

Hi
    I am currently riding a 17.5′ Trek Liquid 55, mainly ride singletrack trails and very light free ride around Bristol and Cwmcarn. Just occasionally feel that it is slightly too flimsy and that a bad landing could crack the frame. Been considering the 07 SX trail as a replacement frame but a bit worried about it being a bit too ‘hardcore’ for what I do. Is a Liquid 55 ok for that type of riding or would I benefit from a medium sized SX trail?

Also, don’t want to get a new frame and immediately have to buy new brake hoses as the ones from my Liquid are too short, should most of it transfer across ok?

Thanks for you help.

fivespot
    Free Member

I’ve got a mint 2007 SX Trail 2 frame for sale if your interested (med 18″) It’s had a very easy little used life.
    [IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk243/covehustler/RIMG0038-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Dango
    Free Member

I have a late SX and bought it as a do it all bike, I bought the large and its cockpit is a little small and isnt great for climbing (probably OK if riding in a group with similar bikes though), even with Ti spring (not pictured) and tubeless its around 35lb

I ended up buying another bike for trail duties

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Soecialized SX trail or Trek Liquid 55?’ is closed to new replies.