Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sodding Apple preorders
  • cjr61

Buying a new Apple Watch for Mrs CJR’s birthday this Friday. Ordered on release day at 08:16…bloody 2-3 week wait despite being available from this Friday. Never bought anything on release day….16 minutes and all early despatch stock sold out….grrr!

Had hoped to have it on her birthday. Even tried ringing a few stores and they laughed.

Is being an early bird 16 minute preorder the only way to get it on release day or will stores have stock they’re not telling me about?

Just venting.

On a plus note I got some wheels today.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Stores will have limited stock, but you’ll have to queue before store opens

Kids reselling

Jamie
    Free Member

2-3 weeks will be gone before you know it. Just get her something to tie things over.

Jamie
    Free Member

2-3 weeks will be gone before you know it. Just get her something to tie things over.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

John Lewis aren’t taking pre-orders but should have stock on the 22nd as I believe that store stock is fulfilled in advance of customer pre-orders being opened at Apple.
    The JL site says ‘available from 8am 22nd’ so I’d be at the door of your local JL at 8am with credit card in hand and hope for the best.

cjr61

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Wow. This is cool. Unless the OP is trolling, which I automatically assumed he was, I’ve actually witnessed a real live human getting agitated about getting the latest greatest Apple gadget on release date.

I’d heard that such people existed, but never imagined I’d witness it this close.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Buy a Peach ?

akira

Oh what wheels?

cjr61

thegeneralist – Member
    Wow. This is cool. Unless the OP is trolling, which I automatically assumed he was, I’ve actually witnessed a real live human getting agitated about getting the latest greatest Apple gadget on release date.

I’d heard that such people existed, but never imagined I’d witness it this close.

I know…I don’t buy much new, always hunt for bargains and then barter….but on the one bloody occasion I do want to…..

John Lewis might be the best option me thinks!

somouk
    Free Member

Disappointed someone hasn’t been along and pointed you in the direction of an Android watch that was available…

I think Apple have really struggled to get everything ready for this launch and apparently demand for the Watch 3 is a lot higher than expected as people are buying those to tide them over till the X is released.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pre-order?

You mean “order” don’t you? Just one that’s going to take a little longer to arrive.

Jamie
    Free Member

No he means pre-order.

I know what he means. You know what he means. The biggest companies in the world knows what he means.

Let’s just accept it exists as a concept and move on towards more productive things.

andykirk
    Free Member

Just tells you how good the watch is really. Tempted myself.

cjr61

Haha, thanks all. I’ll be seeing Mr John Lewis on Friday me thinks.

Chris

allthegear
    Free Member

I have an Apple Watch 2. It really is *very* good.

Rachel

Jamie
    Free Member

They’re nice, but battery life seems to be going the wrong way.

drlex
    Free Member

Reading the website, it looks like the cellular bit of the v3 will only work if your iPhone is on EE. (OP may only be wanting the GPS version, though.)

cjr61

iPhone on EE already taken care of.

footflaps

Let’s just accept it exists as a concept and move on towards more productive things.

Flashy’s just upset as no one ever tried to pre-order his paper clips….

poly
    Free Member

cjr61 – Member
    iPhone on EE already taken care of.

what’s the story – it simply works with the existing ee contract, or does ee force you to upgrade to some special “iWatch” contract?

stevious

I get where the OP is coming from but…

I think Apple have really struggled to get everything ready for this launch and apparently demand for the Watch 3 is a lot higher than expected as people are buying those to tide them over till the X is released.

Buying a 400 quid phone to ‘tide you over’?

maccruiskeen

Flashy’s just upset as no one ever tried to pre-order his paper clips….

I pre-ordered mine in 1866

cjr61

EE offer free usage for 6 months and then £5 a month thereafter for 10GB data per month. 1st 6 months just comes out of your phone data allowance.

Not a bad deal I reckon

poly
    Free Member

EE offer free usage for 6 months and then £5 a month thereafter for 10GB data per month. 1st 6 months just comes out of your phone data allowance.

Not a bad deal I reckon
    🙁 I’m not with EE so it was a redundant question, but I assume others will copy the model when it gets rolled out.
    I like the concept, but on a company contract and suspect persuading them I need a more expensive contract will not be so easy!

The other issue is that the cellular only works on 4G. It will be interesting to hear what people say about signal strength in remote areas.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Limit stock available to order (or bugger up manufacture), list as sold out/must wait proves it’s popular. Oldest trick in the book 😉
    Have plenty of stock and your product is hanging around on the shelves looking unpopular…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sodding Apple preorders’ is closed to new replies.