Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Socks in bed? – Cold feet content
  • dawson

The last few nights I have needed socks on in bed, as my feet have been like blocks of ice.

(well the first night, my feet were cold when I went to bed and I thought I would warm up, but an hour later I woke up and they were still stone cold)

Does anybody else suffer?

Blackhound

Yes. I read some years ago that if your feet are cold it is detrimental to getting to sleep so I wear mine when temps dip. I do suffer with cold hands / feet on the bike in winter so maybe mild circulation issues.

If it helps you get a comfortable nights kip go for it.

If MrsB is visiting I am usually warm enough, usually when sleeping alone, which is most of the time, I wear the socks.

dawson

Glad its not just me!

I wouldn’t mind so much if it was -5 outside, but its only October FFS!

I do sometimes suffer on the bike, but I can manage it with multiple layers, Sealskins and overshoes.

I’m wondering if my years as a smoker may have affected my circulation, but I stopped smoking 3 years ago (and when I did smoke it was only 2-3 a day)

z1ppy

After snorting derisively at my partners bed sock, socks for bed wtf? I found as per Blackhounds comment, I won’t sleep until my feet are warm.. So now I steal her socks when my feet are chilly 😳 (usual to be torn off later tbf)

Mantastic
    Free Member

I am considering getting an electric blanket

sweepy
    Free Member

these are well snuggly

cinnamon_girl

Yep, got two pairs of pink bed socks. 🙂 What a difference they make – no trouble sleeping now!

But electric blankets are for old people. 😉

Edit: good call for Sock Shop, been wanting some more knee length socks and they have them.

Blackhound

dawson – I have never smoked so assume poor circulation. Often take them off in the middle of the night once warm though.

maccruiskeen

I like it cold at night. Even in the really cold snaps of the last couple of years we’ve never had heating on at night and the bedroom window is open probably for 48 weeks of the year. So it needs to be really cold before I put socks on. But when I do I don’t know how but invariably my left sock always manages to escape in the night. Always.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Cougar

I’m wondering if my years as a smoker may have affected my circulation

Not to worry you or anything, but my dad had his big toe amputated last year due to circulatory problems caused by smoking. (He’s also in a care home now suffering from dementia for the same reason, but that’s less directly relevant.)

But, eh, it’s probably not that.

althepal

Lived in a big tenement flat years ago that had no central heating, just a gas fire in the bedrooms and lounge..
    Wouldnt have survived the winter without an electric blanket- getting into a pre-warmed bed when it was nearly zero in the rooms (15 foot+ high ceilings,all laminate floors and single glazing was not a good combo..) was just the best feeling..
    Nowt wrong with socks in bed, not very romantic though!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hot Walter bottle for me 🙂

trout
    Free Member

Must be sommat wrong with me mine get too hot especially after biking so I have to stick them out the bottom to cool off

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey, just shows you. The missus hasn’t even asked for the central heating to be put on yet

theotherjonv

absolutely. I hate slippers and we have wood floors all over the bottom floor of the house, so instead i wear cricket socks – lovely thick, soft wooly ones, which often find their way into bed. Great for skids up the hallway too.

mos

Butt nekkid save for a pair of black socks. A very strong look indeed.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Oh yes. I really struggle to get warm enough to sleep if I run in the evening and even at this time of the year it’s a case of pyjamas on the radiator, bed socks and even a hoodie over the top for the first half of the night. If I’ve been inside all evening I’m not too bad, but as it gets colder the socks will get worn even on those nights.

Jeezus, a big dose of MTFU required on this thread methinks.

Currently spending 4 nights a week in a caravan, with no heating on through the night – and naked under a single duvet at that.

McHamish
    Free Member

I have the opposite problem…i’m always too hot.

I can’t sleep with hot feet and have to have my feet out of the covers even in deepest darkest winter. I’ve always assumed that this was because i was born in Aberdeen…i once found a picture of me at around 3 years old knee deep in snow wearing a kilt.

This is a challenge as I have a wife who is always cold! Which usually results in a disappointingly high amount of clothing worn in bed.

khani
    Free Member

Great for skids up the hallway too.

😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Socks in bed? – Cold feet content’ is closed to new replies.