Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Social Anthropology / forensic Anthropology… Anyone done or do it ? Uni advice
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

This is ‘for a friend ‘ request….

My friends 16 year old daughter is interested undertaking one of the above two subjects / courses at University but her school careers advisor is unable to advise her which are the best A-level subjects to take prior to this at school. Can anyone who has done a degree in one of these subjects or know anyone who has done so recently, can they offer some advice I can pass on? I’ll send her the linky to this forum post.

She has written to some of the universities she is interested in attending but has had no responses so far.

Thanks in advance.

Saccades
    Free Member

Sister in law did her course here Course link

Said that while it was an interesting course ( paraphrasing but something someone would do to fill their time once retired), it was of no use in getting a job in the real world once she decided that she didn’t want to be a social worker.

Might be more options in the UK though.

I’ll see if I can get her to post on here.

sodslaw
    Free Member

forensic anthropology always used to be an MSc, after a first degree in archaeology or similar. Edinburgh or Brighton were the places to go. Funny how things change!

She would need Biology and Chemistry at A level for forensic anthropology.

FWIW a google of ‘forensic anthropology bsc’ links you to all the courses and entry requirements.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Social Anthropology / forensic Anthropology… Anyone done or do it ? Uni advice’ is closed to new replies.