Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • weeksy

Errrrrm sorry, Liverpool are in the Champions League…. Maybe you missed it…

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oh Bugger I meant Leroy Sane….not Mane, although he’s pretty useful too! 🙁

ransos
    Free Member

Lukaku looks like he’s on for 30+ at this point, so money well spent

Time will tell. I’ve always thought that he’s a flat-track bully.

binners

Errrrrm sorry, Liverpool are in the Champions League…. Maybe you missed it…

EASY! EASY! EASY! 😆

Anyway…. not a chance next season. Mid-table obscurity beckons due to ongoing comedy defending. Same applies to getting out of the group stages of the CL

MSP

I would say De Brune has been the best player in the prem so far this season, he would make any striker look fantastic with the balls he puts in.

weeksy

Let me know how much you’d like to bet on both 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Matic is looking like the best buy of the season.

And when she was good, she was very, very good,
    But when she was bad she was horrid.

Longfellow

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think lukka is the new andy cole lots of goals lots of missed chances and may stifle the development of rashford.

I agree de bruyne looks the best so far but it is hazard when fully fit.

Not sure why Binners is so enamoured with our new super sub 😉

binners

I just go misty-eyed with memories of Ole JY. And I’m loving the Tony/Rashford super-sub double act. Whichever one starts, the other comes on and scores. Not a bad set up really

Weeksy. – what are we betting on then, my friend?

I’ll have a fiver you don’t get out of the group, and I’ll have twenty on you not worrying the top 4 spots this season 😀

Jammers can tell you where to procure your payment method when you lose 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ooh… STW footie bets! 😀 (I’m keeping well clear, being a Gooner!)

Yeah fair call, De Bruyne has been highlighted by the Pundits for his quality passing, makes the top five, but no goals in five appearances, despite his team running wild, means he’s not near the top. Sane, 2 goals already despite being a sub…and what goals too! He’s only 21.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is not there to score the goals he is there to make the goals for the strikers and he has 4 assists

He is one of those players who just improves the whole offensive line of the team

others will get you goals but not necessarily make the team [ as a collective] better though they will improve team results

I think Matic has done the same at man U this year – though more for balance than offensive reason.

MSP

The thing is, IMO, you want your midfielders to mainly provide assists and pop up with a few goals throughout a season, I think it can become a problem when a midfielder gets too much of an eye for the goal and starts to rob the team of better opportunities if he passed instead of shooting. That is currently De Brunes role.

Rockape63
    Free Member

saw this earlier

(From last season) But yes, nothing cut and dried in my opinions, which are just that, some of my fave players are defenders who don’t get anything like the publicity of the aforementioned players, but just as important to the team.

binners

some of my fave players are defenders

And you’re a gooner? My deepest condolences 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

some of my fave players are defenders

And you’re a gooner? My deepest condolences

Wouldn’t change him for anyone!

Cletus

KDB best player so far even if he has not scored yet. His delivery is outstanding and he has been working hard, tackling etc.

Gundogan was having a great game at WBA before Tactical Tony got his caveman cloggers to take him out whilst the ref looked on gormlessly. If he can keep fit then I think he will be one of the best in the league.

Interesting that Manyoo and City have each got a group of talented young forwards. Jesus, Sane and Raheem are better than Rashford, Martial and Lingard imo but I would say that as a Blue.

Of them all I think Jesus has the most potential to be a genuine global star.

MSP

I’m not sure if uncle woy is talking to himself, or doesn’t realise his backroom staff aren’t on the bench next to him 😆

MSP

Aguero has arrantly been in a car crash, messes up city for the chelski game this weekend, and my fantasy team.

Must have been a pretty bad accident as well, look at the state it has made of his jeans.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

if anyone gives a shi*t here is an report from CNN about my local team here in the frozen north of Sweden.

Galatasary beaten, Europe league qualification and last night a Bundelsiga team crushed, all led by an Englishman.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/football/ostersunds-sweden-europa-league-daniel-kindberg-graham-potter/index.html

binners

What a fantastic weekends results! If Chelski and city had drawn it’d be perfect! Another demonstration of attacking mediocrity and defensive ineptitude.. Klopp out? 😆

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ your obsessed with Liverpool!

binners

They’re just the gift that never stops giving. I’ve got a lot of Scouse mates and I’m absolutely loving their mid-table mediocrity. According to most of them at the start of the season, this was definitely ‘their year’ . I’ve been listening to it for 25 years, and this squad looks further away than ever. Absolutely hopeless at the back – pure comedy – and now the goals have dried up too

😆

binners

On a less gloating note, what on earth is going on at Everton?

They’re shockingly bad! I think my prediction that they’ll be challenging for top four has proved the usual kiss of death. Burnley were good, but Everton were absolutely awful today. Again.

MSP

Everton look to have spent their Lukaku money badly, signing good players without a plan for the team or a style of play.

Utd only won after we softened palace up for them last week, and only 4 goals, pffft.

City result was good in that they showed a work ethic and determination that had been lacking for some years, but the pundits have been going overboard, they have played better before.

binners

City look scarily good at the moment. De Bruyne’s goal yesterday looked like Scholes at his peak. Which is (worryingly) exactly who he reminds me of overall.

binners

Well I’m here for the big match of the weekend, kicking off at 12.30. Binnerette number one playing centre back for Longford Girls against Cadishead 🙂

I believe there’s another smaller match being played simultaneously. I’m hoping all the King Kenny stand naming hoo-ha proves to be the kiss of death that it usually is when anyone does owt like that. It could be anything though

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The obsession continues….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Obsession with closing out matches and making them dull?

Pool on top and trying Man U wanting one on the break – Lukaku should have scored and been booked

Lovren needs to stop lay acting.

Not a great match so far tbh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you are not prepared to attack that defence away from home then you wont ever win the league the horses did not run free today.

binners

Sounds like I watched a better match. It was 8-1. Sadly, not to us

I take it that was a typically Jose exercise in bus-parking?

Hopefully Stoke will play as well against City as they did against us

Junkyard
    Free Member

If both teams tried to score and win then yes you did

MSP

City look in the mood again.

binners

Looks like city will surpass my now standard 5-0 bet

MSP

It can only be a matter of time until city put double figures on someone.

Haha, just seen the palace v chelsea result 😆

binners

That made me laugh as well 🙂

Watford are surely in with a shout of beating Arsenal here too

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Looking forward to see how Utd go against the other ‘big 6.’ Surprised they didn’t target Liverpool’s dodgy defence more – maybe they have been flattered by their easy start to the league so far (played 5 of the bottom 6 before today’s fixtures).

binners

Watford are fourth! Above Chelski! Blimey! 😯

United have had an easy start. I really hoped Jose would have been more adventurous today. Liverpool are easy to score against with their ropey defence. Not a side you need to park the bus against

City are in a league of their own at the moment. Much as I hate to say it!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Man C – just wow. Wow

muggomagic

Man City are something else. Quite chuffed that we only lost 2-0 to them now 🙂

Man U v Liv lived up to expectations for me. Jose was only ever going there not to lose.
    Fingers crossed we can put another nail in Koeman’s coffin today, but don’t have a good feeling about this one, but then I rarely do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And the Third time of asking
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41643718

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

Though a lot of sceptacism going around
    http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/10/mike-ashley-promise-sell-newcastle-united-statement-9-years-ago-must-read/
    http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/10/mike-ashley-serious-selling-newcastle-united-willing-take-realistic-price-vote-now/

I do hope there is a serious investor ready to take charge and push with Rafa in the right direction.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.