Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • spursn17
    Free Member

mikewsmith, do you want to buy Sissoko back, you can have him for 30 quid? Please?

Just watched us seem to deflate when he came on (again!), We were doing OK before that and now the Wembley curse has struck again.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Shockingly predictable, saw the team selection and knew we were screwed. Why the hell would you drop Sead, play two wing backs in a back three and not play Sanchez, Giroud and Lac up front? I’m right back to Wenger has to go.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Just watched MOTD2 – Arsenal were shambolic!

binners

Just watching it now. Dear god! Arsenal are shockingly bad! And if you can’t even get at least a consolation goal against Liverpools shonky defence? Mid table on that performance. At best. Awful! Absolutely no chance of top four this season Arsene, on that showing. They didnt have a single shot on target in 90 minutes

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just watched MOTD2 highlights…Blooming heck …. Liverpool wingers are quick!!!

weeksy

Games like Arsenal suit Liverpool massively, if you hold a high line etc they’ll be on you in a second. It’s the teams who sit back they struggle more with. If teams attacked every day, they’d be pushing for a title.

binners

Exactly. Liverpool will do the same as they did last season. They’ll beat Arsenal or City, then lose the following week to West Brom or Stoke. They just can’t play against say a Tony Pulis side, who are organised and will just sit back and soak it up, hoping to catch you on the break.

Last season against Burnley they’d had something like 80% possession but failed to score, then Burnley broke and walloped two past their flailing defence (which looks just as ropey as last season) with their only attacks of the game. I can see some repeats of that this season

Having said that, it makes for great footy. And I reckon they’ll comfortably finish above Arsenal on the weekends showing. They’re an absolute shambles!

MSP

City vs Liverpool will be interesting after the international break. Liverpool look ideally set up to hurt our achilles, but at the same time city will have much more effective possession than Arsenal did, and are more committed to winning the ball back. Could/should be a classic, of course now I have said that it will turn out to be a damp squid of a match.

United, so far, look to be the best team suited to break down the teams that defend deep, with their height and physicality.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Would that will be Chris “goal at wembley on his premier league debut” Woods

Fair play to him, thought he’d end up warming the PL bench like Taylor, Byram and Cook before him.
    But the point I was really trying to make was that we seem to be doing ok without him
    MOT

Now, what on earth are Cardiff playing at?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Liverpool in for the Ox and splashing the cash – makes me think Coutinho will be sold tomorrow. Still no centre halves, or goalie though 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fortress Wembley continues for Spurs following last season’s CL form eh ? It’s going to be a long year I fear. At least Arsenal are worse, for now. Changing the manager is easier than your home stadium.

Jamie
    Free Member

#wengerout

Junkyard
    Free Member

it horrible to see what he has done with his legacy and the team

He could have been remembered for the way he revolutionised the game and the invincibles instead he will be remembered for this sort of team with the same problems he seems unable to accept never mind resolve

Shame for him, his legacy and the fans

he should have retired

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Totally agree, it’s sad to see. A complete denial of needing a plan B, just continues to try plan A.

Plan A has been shit since the rest cottoned on.

Rockape63
    Free Member

WTF is Wenger playing at? Mustafi is a solid defender and he’s going, Gabriel may not not be great, but a decent player and he’s gone. Gibbs always performs well and he’s gone! Perez always does well when given the odd chance, but never given a run, so leaving. The Ox is a bit of a headless chicken so he can go, but Sanchez must leave too. Meanwhile we play Holding who is a decent stopper but clueless going forward. So losing three decent defenders and no sign of replacements. Just beyond belief!

binners

Do you reckon you’ll have the players left to actually put a squad out? You could get people in seeing as there’s less than 24 hours left of the transfer window, but it’s begs the question ‘who the **** would want to go to Arsenal under wenger now?

Never mind top four, I reckon you could be dlogging it out with Stoke and West Brom for mid table.

The invincibles seem a long long time ago. Ian Wright was livid on 5Live the other day. And he’s always stood by Wenger. But even he knows he’s completely lost the plot.

It’s a tragedy really. As a United fan the golden era of the premiership to me is those top table battles with us and Arsenal. Keane and Vierra, Bergkamp, Keown, Adams, Terry Henry, the class of 92… the idea that the invincibles could be reduced to this farce under the same manager….?

You’d have thought he’d have seen Fergie go out on a high and took the hint

muggomagic

Seems a strange move to let Mustafi go. I can only assume something has gone on that we don’t know about, or maybe Wenger really has lost the plot.
    They now play a back 3 and they’ve only got 3 central defenders left.

Wenger always seemed to be the master of plucking out these youngsters or players you’ve never heard of and turning them into wonderful players like Henry, Viera, Fabragas, Petit, Llungberg and Anelka.
    Look what he’s done lately with Wilshere, Walcott, Chambers and the Ox. Even Bellerin looks a complete wreck now.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Ian Wright has been saying Wenger should leave for years. He has not ranted about it and been very polite about it (apart from the 6-0 Chelsea, Wenger’s 1000th game from memory) but for the last 3/4 years he has been saying time for him to leave due to lack of a serious title challenge and the concept of at least 4th place is being good enough.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For Arsenal being a sensible and rational club they really needed to let him go at the end of the last season and start the proper move on then, they want the right coach and they don’t come up mid season and they certainly will need time. Perhaps the problem is they know they will drop a level without Wenger until the new guy gets going. Add in a football rebuild is very pricy these days.

Worried that Newcastle will not spend, looks like very few outs so limited in’s the wage bill is rediculous with mediocrity on long contracts and lots of cash, most have 1 year to go so are not stressed and are turning down wages they are worth.

Benitez to Arsenal by Christmas?

binners

I think Arsenal were/are, with some justification, looking at Man Yoo and what happened after a long serving and successful manager leaves.

We are only this season starting to look like the team we were under Fergie. And it been a long and painful (sideways/sideways/backwards) journey so far, not to mention very very expensive. And we’ve still a work in progress until we’re serious title challengers again, and looking something like in the Champions League.

The high water mark for Arsene was the Invincibles squad. So, unfortunately, that’s whats expected. But it’s like the treble winning Class of 92. There’s a certain amount of good fortune (to say the least) as well as managerial skill involved in achieving that. It’s just not realistic. That was a very different world to the one we’re in now with Neymar’s 200 million deal, and mediocre defenders costing 40 million

martinhutch

It’s a shame that Wenger didn’t take the chance to go out with dignity and his reputation more or less intact a couple of seasons ago. One of the great managers of the Premier League era.

dragon
    Free Member

Wenger was the right manager at the right time, but those times are long gone. He inherited a strong defence, brought in European preparation along with some quality up and coming players (primarily french) and created a very good team. Like everything though football has moved on and he hasn’t stayed with the times.

I don’t quite get why he doesn’t retire, after all he’s 67 and worth a fortune. Surely there is more to life than football and taking a battering in the press every week?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Spot on Dragon, in a nutshell!

As an Arsenal Fan of more years than I care to recall, I can say that his mistakes started a good number of years ago now and the most frustrating thing is that he keeps repeating them. Sure, his hands were tied financially for a long time, but he’s never installed a core of steel in the team, which I believe every successful team needs. Matic was mentioned recently as a decent buy for Man yoo….exactly the sort of player Arsenal have needed for years.

That has been the main reason for the lack of success at the highest level, but now things have moved to a new level, what with him playing hardball with Sanchez, like it helps to have an unhappy player in the squad and turning down £60m to boot! Plus offloading solid defenders who are well able to do a decent job. Seriously…WTF?

muggomagic

Tim Krul on his way to Brighton. Wasn’t he one of the best keepers in the Prem a few seasons ago? What happened?

binners

Looks like Riyad Mahrez is joining his premiership winning team-mates Kante and Drinkwater at Chelski. Smart signings.

Van Dijk is off to Anfield where Klippity will no doubt ensure that, like all other decent defenders who’ve gone there before him, he’ll soon be re-educated into the ‘headless chicken’ method of defense 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

All I can say is that Arsenal Fan TV is going to be bloody fantastic this season.

😀

mikey3
    Free Member

Renato Sanches [Bayern Munich – Swansea] Loan,praise be to clements Bayern connections,top 4 nailed on 😀

MSP

Don’t be so hasty, Swansea seem intent on replacing Llorente with Boney, and he just doesn’t seem capable of delivering the goals anymore.

binners

…and Arsene has ensured that every week’s 606 on 5 Live will be a 58 minute ‘Wenger Out!’ discussion, leaving 60 seconds apiece for the customary Liverpool “I really think this is our year” call, and a pissed Geordie slating Mike Ashley 😀

Every season is Groundhog Day at Arsenal

mikey3
    Free Member

Yep llorente to spurs is already done apparently,bony just need a run in the team to get it all back:),though selling our best two performers from last season is not great,ayew will fly this year,15 goals easy:)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve bet a manure supoorting workmate the grand total of a pint that Liverpool will finish ahead of them this season. It was more for the look of derision, confusion and hatred on his face, worth at least the price of whatever canal water lager he chooses.

He’s even more obsessed with the scousers than Binbins is…

binners

I’m out for a few beers with my season-ticket-holding scouse mate tonight. I’m sure we’ll have our normal seasonal twenty quid on it. With a bit more confidence on my behalf this season.

I was meant to be going to see the Seville Champions League game with her at Anfield in a couple of weeks, then she told me the ticket prices. Sixty ****ing quid!! 😯

theotherjonv

Tim Krul on his way to Brighton. Wasn’t he one of the best keepers in the Prem a few seasons ago? What happened?

Injury and has never regained sufficient fitness for the manager to rely on him. He let him go to Ajax on loan to try to prove it, but in the end you’re paying for someone who you can’t / won’t risk.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Sixty ****ing quid!

Price of a pie and a coupla pints at The Emirates! 🙁

Dickyboy

Even Thames valley police are getting in on the Arsenal bashing act

Please don’t check your phone for updates whilst driving, you’ll end up with more points than Arsenal.”

Jamie
    Free Member

manure supoorting

Can’t tell if intentional?

Price of a pie and a coupla pints at The Emirates!

Least when the pies run out there’s no bullying going on…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs[/video]

Rockape63
    Free Member

latest news…although could well be fake news is that Citeh have offered £55k plus £5k and Arsenal have asked for a few hours to sign Thomas lemar…which they are confident they will do!

Yeah right!

binners

Will they be offering his release clause plus a packet of Monster Munch?

Everyone set for the evening then….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AfPDltNh98[/video]

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

£55k plus £5k

So £60 grand?

Ballys offer, but seems a bit cheap.

binners

Not as cheap as sulking for a year then going on a free.
    The fact that that is even a possibility is insane! Who on earth is in charge of contracts at Arsenal?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.