Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Probably the best both green machines could have hoped for there.

dragon
    Free Member

Bye, bye Shakespeare. Leicester City back in ‘crisis’.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Koeman next?

binners

I bet Jamie Vardy’s phone hasn’t stopped ringing. He’ll be gone in January. Mahrez is probably already gone

dragon
    Free Member

I’m surprised that Koeman is still there to be honest.

No one really wants Vardy or Mahrez, if they did they’d have gone by now. Only club that came in for either was Arsenal for Vardy at the start of last season.

binners

Bloody hell! Loris is putting a shift in here! Top drawer goalkeeping!

blitz

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, they were gonna give someone a walloping sooner or later with all the chances they’ve been missing.

Great point for Spurs.

binners

Hang on a minute. You’ve just put seven past…..who?

Watched the first 20 minutes. Lower table championship side at best.

Spurs looked good tonight. Unlucky not to get 3 points. Loris had a blinder!

weeksy

binners – Member
    Hang on a minute. You’ve just put seven past…..who?

Watched the first 20 minutes. Lower table championship side at best.

You’re a properly strange fella… honestly, you’ve got issues. I think you’re more hung up on Liverpool than your own team at times.

Irrespective of whether Liverpool were playing Maribor or a lowly League 2 team, as we all know, these games can and have tripped up many teams. So putting a 7-0 result in is a good thing. Does that mean they can beat Real Madrid, no, not necessarily, but no-one was saying they would.

theotherjonv

Bloody hell! Loris is putting a shift in here! Top drawer goalkeeping!

As an ex goalie I got proper annoyed again last night with someone on r5l suggesting Spurs were lucky and it was ‘only because of Lloris’ (and benzema’s inability to finish).

Last time I checked he was part ot the team? Why are his efforts and abilities less respected than someone who scores goals at the other end?

binners

Couldn’t agree more fella. And wasn’t Loris captian last night? So given how well organised Spurs defence was all night, he deserves some credit for that too.

Keepers rarely get the credit. It’s always said that De Gea keeps us in games. Well…. der… that’s his job. As much as its Lukaku’s job to put them away at the other end. And that’s why Real Madrid have been after him for years. But when he came to United all the pundits said he wasn’t physical enough for the premiership. I’ve not heard that for a while

Weeksy…. two words… pub side 😉

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

When De Gea arrived he was awful. Head down concentrated on his job and adjusting to a new country….now I think best in the world …. certainly top 3. So yes lots said negative things when he arrived because he was poor now no one says negative things because he is excellent. At the moment he is To Man U what Peter S was …. worth 3 points just being named on the team sheet. Will he stay long enough to continue to be as good as Peter S for as long as Peter S???

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

No bites on the 3 points comment? 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

Arsenal might be a bit pants these days but make sure you see their goal in Belgrade tonight.

AWESOME!!!!! 😯

muggomagic

I bloody love football. Thanks to the not so happy hammers for a great start to the weekend.

binners

Great game, this. Chelski are all over the shop at the back! If Watford had their shooting boots on, they’d be 3 up by now! 😯

I’ve got Cleverly and Deeney on my FF side too 🙂

muggomagic

Going well for Utd Binners! 😀

binners

FFS!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lindehoff heads the ball in much the same way my kids head the ball – except they are actually trying to head it

binners

How much did we pay for him, again? He’s having a good game. Can’t imagine why Jose hasn’t started a premiership game with him before today.

Looks like Jones will be joining the lengthy queue outside the treatment room

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jones has his own bay I imagine – amazed he lasted this long which is a tragedy as he looks world class if he could only stay fit

muggomagic

Kind of want Utd to turn this around. Don’t want Huddersfield picking up points. Need them Swansea and palace to all lose this weekend after our demolition of the ‘ammers last night.

tomhoward

Binners, u ok hun? 😉

binners

Mrs Binners is laghing her arse off! And she’s a bloody Bolton fan!!

Fair play to Huddersfield though.

Still can’t see anyone other than City for the title. Spurs v Liverpool should be a good’un tomorrow, given how well they both played in Europe. They’ll be up for it!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have a round of applause Burnley.

muggomagic

😆

MSP

Oh dear Liverpool.

mikey74
    Free Member

Klopp should really worry for his future, based on his utter failure to sort out the Liverpool defence.

MSP

Back in the game.

muggomagic

Well that goal has made things interesting

mikey74
    Free Member

Temporarily, I’d suggest.

si77

Back in the game.

That’s what Stoke thought last weekend when they got back to 3-2.

MSP

Liverpool look like they could score again, spurs look like they will score again.

mikey74
    Free Member

If there’s any justice, that should be Lovren’s last game for Liverpool. The trouble is, they have no other decent defenders.

weeksy

I don’t care if the others are decent or not, that was a shocking performance from him. I’d rather see klopp play himself that pick lovren!

MSP

If anyone watching the stream from nbcsn, Lee Dixon talking about the bikes in his garage and n+1 explaining why spurs bought defenders in the summer, just before the goal.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

C’mon Binners! It’s been 2 hours since the game ended!

binners

I’m round at my Scouse mate’s house for dinner, having watched the match. I’ve said nowt. I’m being good! 🙂

I think having lost to Huddersfield, t’m in no position to be criticising a team getting beat by a Spurs performance like that

Lovren though? Dear god! Worse than lindelof yesterday. And that’s saying something

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

At least Lindelof has only had one bad game! Lovren has had plenty – article a few weeks ago stated he’s reliant on painkillers to get through games. I think he needs something stronger.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.