Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • senorj

Second half…. Will Lingard use his left foot? Can Walcott successfully cross a ball????
    Here’s hoping..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good job we are not playing Slovakia. They are running over some team in dayglo pink and black

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops the pinkies are 3:0 dwin now.

Here comes Wayne – are playing for a draw now?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

This ilicic chap , he’s had a fair few chances!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Someone forgot to tell the young lad to take his gloves off. That’s a bit mean. When will he realise?

binners

Engerland grind out another spirit -crushingly uninspiring nil nil draw? Who’d have thunk it?

Klunk
    Free Member

Southgate ain’t getting the job on these showings, calling them headless chickens would be an insult to the chickens. You have to wonder if they have a brain cell between them.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

And yet comfortably top of the group with no goals conceded. Away draw ends run of 14, yes 14, successive qualifying victories. Try supporting Scotland! Utter pish.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

S_F, It was bad when the rugby team started wearing turquoise but dayglo pink – did some lose a bet in the SFA marketing department???

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I fell asleep on the sofa watching it !

binners

One of the footy sites had posted this up today.

The rest of the England squad, when Sturridge gets the ball….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwW3ytid4DA[/video]

😆

senorj

That’s made me laugh.
    He is the talented ,greedy footballer in junior school.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

so the same old faces in the same old merry-go-round today

Rockape63
    Free Member

So who’s going to win the big match on Monday then? If Liverpool win as they are expected to, poor old Jose will start to get the LVG treatment. City have proved they’re human in their past two matches, so is this North Londons best chance ever in recent years?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jose will get some limited time, as did LvG

Defeat is not critical but the manner will be

Ie like the first half v city = in trouble
    Like the second half = well sometimes that happens in football

I hope its a boring 0-0 mainly because i wont be watching

I suspect it could be a goal fest as their defence is poor and their attack great

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

From an Arsenal point of view not sure what I want on Monday. Probably a draw or United win . However if Utd lose they will be a way off the top already. All good things

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think pool – if they can become consistent are in with a shout this year we are playing to get into the CL and nothing more.

binners

Liverpool under Klopp remind me of Newcastle under Keegan. Great to watch, and they always score, but ropey at the back. It could be anything tomorrow. Apart from nil nil

Junkyard
    Free Member

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I suspect Jose will start with Fellaini, play pretty direct and bank on Liverpool’s dodgy set piece defending. If he does start him he’ll be short odds for a red card though!

binners

I’ll be putting my usual safe-as-houses bet on him getting booked

Edit: just had a look at the odds…

11/10

😆 I’ve stuck a few quid on. It’s like betting that night will follow day

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok apart from the fouling Fellaini dead cert, predictions for the big clash tonight?

I have scouse supporting son back briefly from Uni tonight so we may be biased, but as a neutral I have supported both teams in the past. Tough call but I dislike The Special One so:

Klopp’s masters to win 2:1

Fellaini first booking – minutes 23:25 spread

Neville’s attempts at neutrality to be abandoned – minutes 3;5 spread

Time for grub and drink first. Enjoy

mikey3
    Free Member

Liverpool 3-1,sturridge to have his best game for Liverpool with 3,before he moves on next season.

Cletus

I find Klippety very likeable but in an ideal world both teams would lose 😀

In reality a booking strewn high scoring draw with lots of farce, bad refereeing decisions and comical defending would be great.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This page might warm up too…

One red card and a penalty?

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think I’ve made a decision…Liverpool 3. Man Utd 0

Prefer 0-0 though! 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If I was playing for the Oppo at Anfield (ditto England rugby at Cardiff) I would want to sneak out and listened to You’ll Never Walk Alone (or LOMF) as I reckon it would inspire rather than intimidate.

binners

United to win 3-1 or 3-2. All United goals scored from corners, or Ashley Young crosses. sideshow Bob to get at least one, before getting sent off for Pollaxing Sturridge, who will break a fingernail and be out until January when he makes his debut for Stoke.

Zlatan to get on the scoresheet too.

Sturridge to hurl himself to the floor every time anyone comes near him

jambalaya
    Free Member

A Liverpool win please, love Klopp and respect the club. Man U handicapped by having the over-rated one as manager

Spurs rolling along not playing that well but still third, would have been second had Foster not had such a strong game

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Poor so far – rashford apart

Almost time for the booking?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Missed fellaini as was looking a real clock

What is General Pinochet sitting next to Fergie?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good ref – booking young for being a whiney shite running to the ref all the time

Shame if that is one of the highlights though

binners

Well it’s not pretty. Hair’n’elbows and Herrera have controlled the midfield comfortably, and stopped ’em playing, and he’s not even had to clobber anyone yet. My bet is looking dodgy at this rate. I look forward to the return of mindless violence in the second half

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Boring but fascinating

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cold Feet may provide more M’cheter entertainment over on ITV

weeksy

Utd playing better than I expected.

Personally I’d drag Sturridge off at half time, his heart doesn’t seem to be in it

Rockape63
    Free Member

Certainly looking more like 0-0 than 3-0 currently

binners

Well at least Fellani finally got booked. He left it late, mind.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Saves apart, that was dishwater

Should have watched cold feet instead

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

A Liverpool clean sheet! I think both teams will be happy enough with a point. Turgid affair and I can’t see Sturridge starting much from now on – just not a Klopp player and Liverpool looked far better when he was hooked. Shame, as he’s such a talented player.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.