Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • Cletus
    Free Member

I love linesman that have the balls to do their job 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thank the lord lvG has gone cracking game this
    De Bruyne [ spell] is some player

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How did that not go in?

Fun match

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

I had forgotten Pogba was on the pitch, the 90 million pound man has been rather anonymous.

theotherjonv

I’m backing Bravo to make a worldy before the end and seal the points.

theotherjonv

Who’s the United centre back. I’ve never seen a player look more knackered!

binners

Fergietime? 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just watching the odious Jose again, stirs up all the old feelings…..cmon Citeh!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Fernandinho still makes such a difference to city’s midfield. Interesting result!

binners

Well I don’t think we can complain about the result given how dominant city were in the first half. But what a second half! A belter of a game. After the sideways tedium of the last couple of seasons

Junkyard
    Free Member

good game and perhaps a draw was a fairer result overall but we were very very lucky to come in only one goal down in the first half and they were lucky to keep us out second half

Either way glad to see entertaining football back but City do look good when it clicks and we still seem to lack that bit of brilliance and flair

De Bruyne was impressive and should have had more

MSP

Cracking game that, a rare one worthy of the hype, a proper slugfest, trading punches in the 2nd half.

Rockape63
    Free Member

So onto the next ones, Arsenal are resting Sanchez to play perez on his own up front with Mustafi also named in the side. It all looks positive in the middle, but then you spot Walcott and Ox on the wings! 😕

Cletus
    Free Member

Made very heavy weather of that after we looked like running away with it in the first 30.

City will improve as Bravo adapts, Aguero and Kompany return and Sane gets up speed, Gungodan plays and Jesus arrives in January. Please do not wake me up!

United look pretty poor for the amount they have spent – resorting to long balls is a pretty lame tactic. It might work on Thursday evenings though 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Better side won
    Weaker side made it fun

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

ctk
    Free Member

LOL at Gary Neville. “Chucked overboard”

I’m the most experienced I’ve ever been

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well maybe Moany really has lost his magic touch, booted out of Chelsea, taken on in desperation by Man U and he’s just lost three in a row!

Couldn’t happen to a nicer fellow! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Missed the first half but the second half scoreline massively flatter watford who did very little attacking wise except score twice which is all that matters obvs.

Main issue are
    1. Rooney
    2. No creativity anywhere – no Utd player tries to beat a player ever
    3. Pogba and Fellaini is just not a pairing and both are shit. The later permanently the former is hopefully struggling to settle

Utd cannot break down teams and my tactics against them would be sit deep and counter as they pass it around a bit and eventually lose possession

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was just searching for the thread 🙂

No gloating wrt ManU fans here as I have much respect for the club but always happy to see a Jose side take a fall. 1-3 down to Watford LMAO.

JY Pogba wasn’t that good for France, he is a decent player for sure but not such big money. ManU where picked off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One day Spurs will win something and you will be truly happy

Hope you live to see it 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who the
    are Man United…
    (repeat 😉 )

jambalaya
    Free Member

Expectation management Junky 🙂

90 odd thousand at Wembley was great, pity they failed to defend the break. Nothing much new there. Fortunately I couldn’t go or it would have been rather tragic.

senorj

I’m with rockape & mikewsmith.
    Chortle.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Can’t believe he played Rooney in midfield after stating in the summer he wouldn’t play him there. Pogba not done much so far either. Jose playing a risky game publicly criticising the players already too – usually does that after 2 years, not 2 months.

binners

Well this isn’t looking as bad. 4 up before half time. That’ll do! 🙂

Mata is so much better than Rooney in that role. Always has been. I hope this’ll be the end of his apparently automatic starting place

Rockape63
    Free Member

Indeed…back on track although I haven’t seen a report yet, but seems pretty emphatic.

I’m currently getting my garden chores done with one eye on the clock for the 5.30 match on BT. Hoping we can put one over the Russian team I have no respect for, especially that c### up front! Come on you Gunners!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think no hair an elbows mattered just as much tbh but Mata is superior to Rooney in that role
    It was good to see but needs more goals from open play though Matas was a great team goal

binners

It was all over by half time. Good performances all over the pitch! Bodes well.

I’ll be watching the late kick off . Should be interesting. I ****ing hate Chelski!

Its also going to be interesting to see how Liverpool do against Hull. I think these games are going to be a good sign as to whether they’ll be up there or not this season. See if Klopp has managed to get them out of the habit of winning against the top teams, then getting beaten at home by teams you’d expect them to be winning against comfortably. The defeat to Burnley would suggest not. So I’ve bunged a few quid on a Hull win 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

That burnley game was just one of those football tings murdered for 90 minutes and scored with their only two shots [ and pretty much only attacks] all game

MSP

the gunners 3 0 up, how long till Conti gets fired 😆

salad_dodger

How long? Another 45 minutes I reckon. You can tell how bad the opposition is when Walcott looks almost decent.

binners

Costa looks like he’s about to be sent off too. I do enjoy seeing Chelski get battered! 😀

Looks like my Hull bet was the usual kiss of death 😥

Rockape63
    Free Member

Huge win for Arsenal, mostly because we got a monkey off our back, post Moany.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sack Wenger – oh hang on…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

You really are so funny

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Amazing how much Chelsea still rely on John Terry, but I guess that’s inevitable with Cahill and Luiz as the other centre halves! Wonder if Conte plans to play all three as that was the system he favoured at Juventus and when managing Italy.

Watched the Utd game and to be honest I don’t think it was that revealing – they certainly didn’t take Leicester apart and the three goals from corners was pretty out the ordinary, given how basic they were – really unlike Leicester. I think Rooney and Mata will probably interchange a bit at number 10. Reckon they may need to play Rashford or Martial a bit up top as well as Zlatan isn’t going to score 50 goals a season in the Prem and physically it’s a bit tougher than Ligue 1.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Great stuff from the Gunners but not 100% convinced , Chelsea played into our hands.

Just as a general point , I seem to remember a lot of Sterling ‘haterz’ on here . What say thee now?

weeksy

Sterling is one of them players who will flourish when the rest of the team are, but will rarely carry the game and team in the bad days.
    Another that comes to mind in the Prem at the moment is Pedro.

Sterling can be a genius, but its not as often as we often think it should be.

I didn’t like the way he left Liverpool, but that’s football of this era for you

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.