Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

1. Utd.
    2. Citeh.
    3. Chelsea

Relegated:

1. Hull.
    2. Watford
    3. W Brom

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I probably don’t even need to tell you this Bongo, but Mrs Binners had it down as a Liverpool win, as part of an accumulator and has got 15 quid back off a 75p bet

Bloody casuals and their curiously elongated period of beginner’s luck 😡

binners

I’m putting it down to it being some weird karma thing as a reward for sticking with being a long suffering Bolton fan. I’ve even forgiven her her ABU tendencies, which have meant a good few shared head-in-hands Saturday afternoons, the last few seasons. And she gets the beers in with her (very regular) winnings. She’s well up this weekend. Again! 😀

I’m not! Again! 😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I got £100 off £10 worth of bets on the community shield, so just going to dine out on that till it’s gone.

Going on this weekend’s performance, that shouldn’t be too long.

jambalaya
    Free Member

1-4 down at home first game of the season is never going to get the crowd on your side as manager. Obviously haven’t seen the game but very sloppy defensively it seems.

binners

Comedy defending on display at both ends Jammers. As the scoreline testifies. Worth watching the highlights. Awful first half, blinding second!

Cletus

1st Man City
    2nd Man United
    3rd Liverpool
    4th Chelsea

18th Crystal Palace
    19th Hull
    20th Sunderland

United and Pool to set the pace until Xmas after which Jose loses the plot (again) and the Pool players die of exhaustion after too much Klopp style pressing allowing City who have mastered Pep’s gameplan to streak past.

North London teams finish below West Ham and Wenger finally quits.

City to retail the League Cup and Liverpool re-incarnate to win the FA Cup.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

can we not turn this into a shite bongohoohaa betting thread like the euros one turned into?

binners

Personally I think tomorrow nights game is the most interesting of this first week. As a pointer of how the season is going to go. Chelski were staggeringly awful last season. And it’s going to be interesting to see how/if they’ve improved.

West haaaaaaaaam were good last season, and they’ll have improved under a quality manager. They’ll be competing for top four, I reckon (that’s usually the kiss of death)

I’d love to see them absolutely batter Chelski! I reckon they could well do it too! Fingers crossed!

Stoner
    Free Member

Thought you degenerates who favour the spherical pigs bladder might enjoy this

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/09/how-british-soccer-became-must-see-tv/492734/?utm_source=atlfb

jamj1974

[video]https://youtu.be/bDwKmH9eRvw[/video]

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

@dirtyrider

I’d wager that’s possible. Although, I think it’s odds on you don’t really want that outcome.

binners

Well… an excellent night was had at OT last night. The place was in fine voice celebrating the end of the LVG sideways/sideways/backwards/sideways/sideways/backwards/sideways/sideways/backwards – lets bore the opposition into defeat approach.

Our new signings look like (admittedly massive amounts of) money well spent. Especially Zlatan who was on a free 🙂 Looks like he’s got all the makings of an Old Trafford legend. A quick look around reveals the club shop has sold about 8 squillion ‘Ibrahimovic’ shirts already, and he was serenaded for the whole game. Anyway… 4 goals in his first 3 games? And he looks like he’ll happily do that all season? Welcome to Manchester sir! 😀

And Pogba? What a first game (for the first team anyway. He bossed the midfield like he’s been here for seasons. Oh… he has/was). He was awesome! cheeky, deft little touches all over the pitch.Nearly scored to make the perfect debut. Properly hit the ground running. It all bodes very well for the season

Anyway… we were happy to welcome the return of fast-paced attacking football to the red side of Manchester. How we’ve missed you! As Maggie would have said… just rejoice! Unless you’re the away side. In which case… probably not.

MSP

Binners has caught a dose of liverpoolitus.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was a decent showing and we di have attacking flair
    Zlatan does not seem to do much but when he does he seems to score

Pogba did look immense but it was only one game – that said he is clearly class

All bodes well for us at least being competitive and entertaining but way too early to be at binners levels of joy but the clearly its an improvement on the tedium of last year

binners

Oh come on. I was bound to get a bit giddy. I watched United play for a while 90 minutes without once letting out an exasperated “OH FFS!!!!!”. A whole 90!!!

It’s been a while. Just let me enjoy the moment 😀

And speaking of Liverpool…. presently getting well beaten by Burnley. Mrs Binners bet on that, so the kiss of death has been duly applied to the scousers. 😀

MSP

It was a decent showing against a team that isn’t going to do so well as they have in recent years.

It will be interesting to see how Rashford and Lingard are used, along with Martial and Pogba they would form a formidable attack, lots of pace and power there. But will Mourihno leave them on the sidelines for short term expediency over long term building, that would be his usual MO.

City looking good in the main part, but still vulnerable, another season where “we need a fit Kompany in defence” will be a common statement. Still learning what Pep wants from them mind, not got the system as quick as united have under Jose. I think they are still playing safe possession as the did under Pelagrini, where Pep wants them to go at goal more. Will be lots of goals to come, especially with the new signings yet to come into the team.

And yes, Liverpool 2 0 down.

sc-xc

Relegated:
    1. Hull.
    2. Watford
    3. W Brom

West Bromwich Albion going nowhere. We’re shit, but there’s shitter.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Diego Costa would have to murder someone on the pitch to get a second yellow.

MSP

Hull 2 wins out of 2, who saw that coming?

Chelsea and Costa still the team nasty, don’t deserve that win.

binners

Are we bothering with even commenting on Internationals after the Euro debacle/humiliation?

I’ve knocked it on the radio as background noise, as I’m doing a bit of work. I wouldn’t bother watching it. Life too short to watch England qualifiers.

It sounds, predictably enough, absolutely dreadful. So the same god-awful team that so humiliatingly capitulated to Iceland, carry on their ignominious, pointless international campaign under Big Sam in the same tediously ponderous ineffective style. And they’re playing against ten men. Should have had my usual bet on Skertl getting sent off.

Hey ho….

PrinceJohn

It’s as boring as it sounds… on the bright side I didn’t go out to watch it…

binners

Indeed. Its barely worth putting the telly on for. I still can’t get my head round people paying good money to fly out and watch this shite live. Surely they must know exactly how it’ll be like by now?

Maybe England might improve a bit if everyone stopped bothering, and they were playing in front of empty stadiums. Which is no more than they deserve.

PrinceJohn

Deserved to be fair.

DezB
    Free Member

95th minute 😆

martinhutch

There’s no stopping England now. We must be favourites for the WC!

🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Any else read the quiet man of football’s article in the Grauniad ? How he would rather watch non league than premier league

He has a book out of course, but some interesting points.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/05/paul-scholes-non-league-football-premier-league

binners

Well this is going to be interesting. First proper 6 pointer of the season! A massive bonus for us that Aguero is suspended. There appears to be quite a bit of needle between Zlatan and Pep as well. As if he needs any more motivation.

I hope its not going to be one of those games where the media hype it up into the stratosphere, then the teams cancel each other out and you end up with a nil nil draw.

Fingers crossed

martinhutch

Not feeling confident about this one, at all! I think United will be happier with the way the team is coming together than City.

MSP

Manchester derby day, got to say I am quite excited about it, even though the result probably won’t matter at the end of the season, it will give early bragging rights for the winner.

Obviously as a city fan I will be looking forward who Jose tries to blame for the defeat.

Think it is interesting that Martial is on the bench, I would be quite worried that Martial and Rashford could be coming on for the last 30 mins.

Rockape63
    Free Member

As it always takes me a while to get back into the footie, I’m a bit late to this thread. I think despite all the build up the Manc teams will probably cancel each other out for a 0-0. So will probably only watch the last 20 mins.

Hoping Arsenal can follow their win at Watford with a good performance against The Saints, with a goal from our newbie hopefully!

No bets for me though.

martinhutch

Interesting…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pep, re-introduces route one! 😀

binners

Big Sam would’ve liked that one 😀

Handbags with Rooney and Pep. He needs to calm down a bit. Sterling doing his usual running into a dead end, then falling over thing.

United need to sort this though. Don’t want to be two down before half time.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Romney was remarkably mature when pep was being a prat IMO

Agree on sterling though

Nice that SA v AUS has finished in the other side, so can watch the next best thing now. Should be exciting 2H

theotherjonv

Rockape’s prediction spot on then!

Joe Hart is loving this. Has Bravo played the game before?

Cletus

Has Bravo played the game before?

So his brilliant passing from the back was a figment of my imagination. Not happy with his gaff but no worse than many de Gea did when he arrived at OT.

Bravo is going to be fundamental to how City play. They completely outclassed utd in the first half.

Show me a rag who says he would prefer Mourinho to Pep and I will show you a liar 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“that’s just the way Fellaini plays..”

Thank you Gary – we all know that!

binners

Well my usual bet for Fellaini to get booked has just paid out 🙂
    Had Zlatan to score too.

We look more like it this half. Totally outplayed first half.

Bravo looks good for a howler or two if they put the pressure on him

EDIT: he should have been off for that!

Junkyard
    Free Member

That was a penalty as no other player would have got away with that

Game of two halves and we were lucky to score in the first

Good game though

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.