Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 775 total)
  • Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

COYS 🙂

imnotverygood

In both the case you cite the player is lifting the arms above the head. (Or at least away from their sides) Try jumping up awards without raising your arms at some point. It is actually bloody difficult to get any evelevation.

theotherjonv

I didn’t deny it. I said you don’t have to stick your elbows out.

You can use arms to jump without elbows having to stick out like weapons,

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B47CmkPqp8Q[/video]

OK, in this example they keep a knee up to protect which also wouldn’t be legit in soccer but you don’t have to keep it up.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41JgVv3fgE[/video]

Brilliant header, plenty of power, arms flapping by his sides.

As soon as you stick your elbows out at head height you risk elbowing your opponent which is therefore not paying due consideration to his safety.

binners

Bloody hell! Potential goal of the season contender there from Can!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair, it was a bit special.

So grinding out a 0-1 away win to a lower table side in a bit of form. Imagine if they could do that at Anfield. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

By having an elbow up he’s endangering, ergo he gets sanctioned.

That’s just over simplifying things, crazy, there’s plenty of reason to have your elbow out, and there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s helpful for controlling a jump, ie getting more loft, controlling spin, balance etc while in the air. Just don’t clatter another player with it. You canny just say jump without elbows, that’s nuts.

The rugby example is silly, and irrelevant to football, unless you’re the keeper.

weeksy

I was there… it was an epic night, was my lads first away game and the away fans are always massively louder than the home, this game didn’t disappoint in this respect.
    OK,. so it wasn’t a great match…. but was a night i’ll never forget 🙂

weeksy

Klunk
    Free Member

cracking goal by Juve 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice Weeksy and agreed on away fans / games, usually easier to get tickets too. Brighton next year 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Funny/stupid as it sounds I think spurs would be better off drawing tonight. Chelsea have been sloppy and complacent when they think it’s easy/done and dusted but ruthless when up against it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Funny/stupid as it sounds I think spurs would be better off drawing tonight. Chelsea have been sloppy and complacent when they think it’s easy/done and dusted but ruthless when up against it.

Indeed Klunk and they’ve cunningly gone 1-0 down to really improve their chances!

Watty

Perennial bottlers.

Klunk
    Free Member

you’d think after last year, harry kane would learn to keep his mouth shut. 😕

Chelsea could be champions this time next week before the lily whites get to play again.

imnotverygood

How delightfully spursy that was.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

To be fair they’ve done well to make the title race even resemble a race for the past couple of weeks. It’s been a procession since October.

binners

Given the remaining fixtures, it’s actually going to be quite an interesting run in.

Chelski are nailed on for the title, but after that….? We’ve got Arsenal then Spurs. Both of those are proper 6 pointers

jambalaya
    Free Member

To be fair they’ve done well to make the title race even resemble a race for the past couple of weeks. It’s been a procession since October.

This. A lot of bitterness above, I wonder from which club’s supporters.

Given the run-in it should never have been remotely close.

theotherjonv

I was hoping they’d keep pressure on, it was getting squeaky bum time.

But in honesty, Chelsea have been head and shoulders above the rest

Last day of the Champs tomorrow too. I could imagine Brighton blowing it away at Villa and getting pipped by Newcastle. While in the play offs, Fulham are currently the form side to be avoided in the semis; so it’s almost an advantage for the next three to lose and try not to come third!!

binners

Its all a bit bonkers in the chamopionship! 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never trust Villa on the last day, bloody useless that lot. Penalty and a sending off

gobuchul
    Free Member

Villa will take great pleasure in losing today. Hope they rot in the Championship for a few years.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hell 90th minute equaliser!!
    Champions for the Toon unless they screw up the last couple of minutes

theotherjonv

Villa hanging on…….

Steve Sidwell – will you be celebrating tonight?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Oh my Lord! I didn’t see that coming!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hell of a last day there, don’t think anyone would have put money on Villa having a spine.

chewkw
    Free Member

Champion Toon army on the march again … 😛

gobuchul
    Free Member

Brilliant!

theotherjonv

just watching monday night football – jeez there were some good goals this season.

Carroll, Emre Can, Mikytaryan / Giroud’s scorpion kicks….. amazing

weeksy

Big Sam just resigned from Palace!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

must have had a stay up release clause

MSP

Seems he just wanted to retire and have more leisure time. I have to say I respect that.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Likes the sound of his own voice so will end up in punditry I expect. Reckon the fires gone out after ballsing up the England job.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he did not balls it up for football reasons and he has turned Palace around

Possibly a journeyman but effective at what he can do – keep a team in the league.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

‘Boro
    Sunderland
    Hull

i reckon i could have kept palace up

Junkyard
    Free Member

the most Jose win imaginable…. apart from the second goal

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agreed – asphyxiation! Ajax pretty naive, perhaps to be expected from such a young side.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Luckily I only watched the second half thus preventing me getting remotely interested in football again.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just hearing Le Prof is staying for another two years!

Groan… 🙁

binners

Well that’s the content of 5 Live’s 606 taken care of for the next two years then.

Whining Arsenal fans, and a despairing Ian Wright 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball 2016/2017 – Jumpers For Goalposts Megathread.’ is closed to new replies.